Transatlantic and balcony

belkin

I can't imagine spending four or five consecutive days at sea without a private balcony to relax on away from the din. On the other hand I understand your concern with weather. Most of Carnival's TA's take southern routes to Florida. If the cruise you are looking at stops in Madiera you will be in warm weather for most if not the whole crossing, even in November.

I've got to vote in the Yes category too. There are many reasons, but one could be health. If (heaven forbid) one of you got sick and were confined to your room, at least the room would be made larger by the balcony. And you can look out at the horizon when needed. I think, go for it.

Nancy

We booked a quad inside on a 17 night TA cruise a few years ago.

The "kids" were 17 & 20 and we all had a fantastic holiday.

Hardly spent any time in the cabin as there was so much to do around the ship.:D

I hope you booked starboard side...if you want sun. Any way, it will be chilly in Feb. EM

I am a little worried about just how cold its going to be. We booked a port side cabin because we wanted the extended balcony and it was the only one left.

We jumped ship lol and are now on the Legend November 2013. We will be sailing from Barcelona to Tampa. We are still on the post side cabin 5236. Hopefully we will get our use out of it, we are stopping in Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay on the way to Tampa.

We are booked on the same cruise you were asking about. We booked an aft wrap (starboard side), so my vote obviously is yes.

Here are the average temps for those ports in February:

Miami: 75/63F or 24/17C

Malaga: 62/47F or 17/8C

Barcelona: 57/41F or 14/5C

Rome: 55/39F or 13/4C

I don't think many people book TA's for the warm weather and sunshine, however if the ship stays very south while crossing the Atlantic you could get some very nice weather for those 9 consecutive sea days.

We jumped ship lol and are now on the Legend November 2013. We will be sailing from Barcelona to Tampa. We are still on the post side cabin 5236. Hopefully we will get our use out of it, we are stopping in Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay on the way to Tampa.

That looks like a great cruise at a great price....we may just have to join y'all! The stops in Spain and Portugal look very intriguing too! :)

We are booked on the same cruise you were asking about. We booked an aft wrap (starboard side), so my vote obviously is yes.

Here are the average temps for those ports in February:

Miami: 75/63F or 24/17C

Malaga: 62/47F or 17/8C

Barcelona: 57/41F or 14/5C

Rome: 55/39F or 13/4C

I don't think many people book TA's for the warm weather and sunshine, however if the ship stays very south while crossing the Atlantic you could get some very nice weather for those 9 consecutive sea days.

I have always wanted to go to Rome and Venice but when I heard there would be ice in the canals in February we changed our minds and will now be going in November. Plan is to fly over a week or 2 early and get a Europass and do some exploring on our own before boarding the Legend for the trip back.

That looks like a great cruise at a great price....we may just have to join y'all! The stops in Spain and Portugal look very intriguing too! :)

I think it is going to be a great cruise. I have done a little research on Portugal and it looks awesome! Hope you can join us :)

Have a great cruise..we've always wanted to do a T/A and probably will in a year or two.

Definitely a balcony for us ALL the time now...

We're booked in 5236 on the Legend this Dec..looking forward to the extra long balcony..BTW..we'll take good care of it for you!

Have a great trip!

Thanks, we love having a balcony. We just had our first aft wrap this past December on the Freedom and loved it. Love the aft wraps but the price has to be right for us to book one. Take good care of the cabin for us! :D

It could be snowing and we would still want a balcony! There are just times when you want to escape the activity/commotion going on around you. That is especially true on cruises with multiple consecutive at-sea days.

It could be snowing and we would still want a balcony! There are just times when you want to escape the activity/commotion going on around you. That is especially true on cruises with multiple consecutive at-sea days.

Very true. This past December we did a 4 day on the Imagination in an ocean view and then boarded Freedom for an 8 day in an aft wrap. It was awesome and gave us a place to chill out in peace and quite!! We love having a balcony. We booked and extended for our Alaska trip in August.

we're booked starboard balcony...hope we don't freeze. our first transatlantic...have been in south pacific' date=' nz and aus in dec previously.[/quote']

I'm not sure sailing in the South Pacific, New Zealand and Australia in december is really much value for comparison purposes with sailing Trans-Atlantic in November or February. South of the equator the month of December is mid-summer, comparable to July in the northern hemisphere.

so true for us...btw, I love your avatar photo.....great photo!!!!!!!!

Archived