Transportation/transfer with a 4 year old

ABCruiser

This will be our first time cruising with a 4 year old. Our plans are to head out to Disney World for 3 days or so before boarding the Disney Fantasy this Dec. We don't want to bring his a car seat with us. Has anyone use a shuttle service that has a child car seat provided? I believe Disney's shuttle do not require child seat, is this correct? We would need transfer from Orlando airport to Disney World to Port Carnaval then back to the airport. Any help would be appreciated.

This will be our first time cruising with a 4 year old. Our plans are to head out to Disney World for 3 days or so before boarding the Disney Fantasy this Dec. We don't want to bring his a car seat with us. Has anyone use a shuttle service that has a child car seat provided? I believe Disney's shuttle do not require child seat, is this correct? We would need transfer from Orlando airport to Disney World to Port Carnaval then back to the airport. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're doing Magical Express from airport to WDW, and DCL transfers from WDW to port/port to airport, the shuttles are busses. Busses don't require car seats (in fact busses do not have seatbelts, so no way to fasten them).

Magical Express is a free shuttle. DCL transfers cost $35 per person, each way.

:)

My son is 1 1/2 and daughter is 3. We've done 2 DCL cruises, using their bus transportation for both. I'm a BIG believer in car seats and wont fly with lap children ever! That being said, the buses wont allow car seats because like everyone has said, there are no seatbelts. So even if you have your car seat they wont let you use it. So, if you can fly without it that would be better, because unfortunately ours just took up space in the closet the whole cruise so we could have it for the airplane!

Hope that helps!

My son is 1 1/2 and daughter is 3. We've done 2 DCL cruises, using their bus transportation for both. I'm a BIG believer in car seats and wont fly with lap children ever! That being said, the buses wont allow car seats because like everyone has said, there are no seatbelts. So even if you have your car seat they wont let you use it. So, if you can fly without it that would be better, because unfortunately ours just took up space in the closet the whole cruise so we could have it for the airplane!

Take a cab, if you insist on using car seats for your child :)

One cannot have the cake and eat it too ;)

Take a cab, if you insist on using car seats for your child :)

One cannot have the cake and eat it too ;)

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but we needed the carseat for the airplane since we live in AZ and the flight from here to FL is 5 hrs, its much safer for my son to be in his carseat like a short road trip rather wiggling in my arms for that time!

As for the bus my husband held him and it has been during "naptime" so he fell asleep. Car seats are most definetely the safest way to travel, I'm not really one to mess around with that! :rolleyes:

Archived