*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Sue, if you gave a long layover in Austin, there is a good BBQ place called The Salt Lick. Here is a short cut to information about Austin-Berstom Airport, http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/2012/11/04/austin-bergstrom-international-airport/1679751/

Thanks Dave, but we don't get off the plane in Austin. We just stop there, and then take off again. We have eaten at a restaurant called The Salt Lick in Vegas...wonder if it's a chain? It was delicious as I recall!

Kathy, thanks for the info about FTTF luggage. And, thanks to Marathon Dave for asking the question!

Excursions: I was interested in the Historical Homes & Museum tour in Grand Turk, but when I got ready to book it months ago, it was no longer listed on the Carnival site. Now it's there again, but now I think we are planning to go to Jack's Shack instead, since there are quite a few of our group going there.

Good Morning!

All this talk about FTTF got me thinking, I didn't remember seeing it on my docs so I went to check them. I looked them over for a long time before I saw it. I guess I was expecting to see it in big bold letters or something but it's just a little red and blue circular logo in the upper right hand corner. At first glance it almost looked like the logo for the Chicago Cubs. LOL

Last night ended up being a pretty short night for me at the OG because of the Superbowl. We were dead. Even though we now have TV's in the bar (just got them a few months ago), it's not like people go the the Olive Garden to watch the Superbowl. Sure, maybe a couple of people who were staying at the Hyatt right across the street may have come over to eat and watch the game but that would have been it. So I was home by about 7:00. I watched the 2nd half of the game with Dave but I really couldn't care lees about the Superbowl unless the Bears are in it.

Have a great day! :)

Good day Cupids,

Be sure to check FB. I posted info about Jack's Shack over there.

We didn't receive any ice or snow that was originally forecasted, Thank goodness. More may be here later this week.

Everyone stay warm and be careful. Only 12 more days to go.

A couple from Fort Worth that went on the Spirit cruise had to cancel this cruise because of health problems. They are Ann and Don. Ann had contracted a virus last summer that attacked her heart and has left her very weak. She may need an operation later this year to have a defib inserted. Please think of them today.

Here is the long range forecast for Dallas/Fort Worth area for Feb 14:

partlycloudy.GIFFridayClear. High of 54F. Winds less than 5 mph.

nt_clear.GIFFriday Night

Clear. Low of 39F. Breezy. Winds from the NNE at 10 to 20 mph.

I can live with this. I just hope it holds true.

Dave..my long range weather on Thurs Feb 13 is 50% chance of snow in the evening...I hope that I do not get delayed...:confused:

Edited by Dspcentury

David, I've been keeping an eye on all the major cities because any delay can snowball to other cities. I've check our flight and it originates at DFW. That's a good thing.

Concerning future flights. More SW flights will start to go through Dallas in October. A law passed in the 70s expires and flights from Love Field will be able to go more places. I hope this will bring a drop in prices, at least for the short term.

Everyone stay warm.

Dave

SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!

We probably got another 6" of snow last night. Couldn't find my newspaper this morning. I don't know if it buried or if it didn't come but I wasn't about to go digging around. I walked to the end of the driveway to where is usually is and normally, even if it's buried I will see a lump or something but didn't see anything. The snow is still coming down.

Dave, you are so right about weather in other cities affecting travel everywhere. The weather could be perfect wherever you are but if there is a blizzard in the city where your plane is coming from then you could be in trouble. It's not like there are extra planes just sitting around at the airports.

Have a good day. :)

WOW!! SINGLE DIGITS!! FINALLY! :D

Checking weather forecasts for our flight path on Friday...Reno partly sunny & low of 35 degrees, Los Angeles sunny & 80 degrees, Austin sunny & 68 degrees, Fort Lauderdale mostly sunny & 74 degrees. Looks like pretty smooth sailing unless something changes. Fingers crossed!!! Even though we have 2 stops, we dont get off the plane either time, so that's not bad.

Weather for Miami Saturday is clouds & sun, low 63, high 77. Should be nice for sailaway! I will bring a sweatshirt anyway because sometimes it's chilly at sailaway, even in Florida!

I'm sorry to hear about the lady with heart problems. I dont believe I remember Don & Ann, but wish her a speedy recovery.

Checked my documents for FTTF. If Heidi hadn't posted about the small logo to look for, I dont know if I would have found it! But since I knew what to look for, I found it right away.

Edited by momofzeke

Just a heads up to those of you booked in the group. If you haven't received a call from Crucon yet, you will be. Remember way back when Carnival decided to do away with on board credits for groups and we were all concerned that we wouldn't get ours but Crucon assured us we would still get it? Well, I just got a call from Athena at Crucon telling me that instead of the on board credit, they will be mailing us checks to our homes this week. I hope this is OK with everyone. I personally don't care if it comes in the form of a check or if it's OBC. I also asked about the $25.00 OBC that some of us were supposed to receive for joining Crucon's loyalty club and she said that would be included with the check so if you joined their loyalty club you should get a check for $125.00.

Looks like I'm snowed in today. Eric just dropped his car off at the shop. They gave him a ride home but he got a call from the restaurant saying they have no servers to work so they wondered if he could come in so he's taking my car. I was supposed to go to the agency for a special event but that was cancelled due to snow. Staci and Dave are working too so I will be stuck at home with no car. Fine by me though. I have no real desire to go out in a blizzard. LOL

I just checked the extended forecast to and right no it looks good for the 14th but i know that could change drastically between now and then. I probably shouldn't even look. LOL

Edited by HeidiHo

Just a heads up to those of you booked in the group. If you haven't received a call from Crucon yet, you will be. Remember way back when Carnival decided to do away with on board credits for groups and we were all concerned that we wouldn't get ours but Crucon assured us we would still get it? Well, I just got a call from Athena at Crucon telling me that instead of the on board credit, they will be mailing us checks to our homes this week. I hope this is OK with everyone. I personally don't care if it comes in the form of a check or if it's OBC. I also asked about the $25.00 OBC that some of us were supposed to receive for joining Crucon's loyalty club and she said that would be included with the check so if you joined their loyalty club you should get a check for $125.00.

I just got the same call, and in fact she said I would be getting a check for $125.00, so that obviously includes the $25.00 for the loyalty club. I had forgotten all about that!

WOW!! SINGLE DIGITS!! FINALLY! :D

Single Digit Dance!!! :D

I haven't got the call yet. Not even a missed call today. :( Hopefully that doesn't mean I missed out. I will give them a few more days and then call about it.

We are suppose to get a little more snow tomorrow, hopefully not much. I have been watching the long term weather forecast also. We fly from OKC to Dallas to New Orleans to Miami. At least on the way there we do not change planes, just have the 2 stops. Looking good so far, looks like a rainy day though.

I will start packing this weekend and have most of it done except for the everyday things. I think I will buy most of our toiletries once we get to Miami. 4 years ago when we flew to Fort Lauderdale for a land trip our spray sun block sprayed all over the suit case and either the shampoo or conditioner leaked. I even had everything bagged in zip lock bags. I don't know if it was the pressure from the altitude or our bags were really smashed while in the plane. Since we are limited on how much liquids can be in your carry on, I think I will buy most stuff when we get to Miami and leave most of what we don't use on the ship.

We will be in Miami in 8 days!!!

I have not received that call yet but my phone was out due to technical issues with the cable company. Maybe we will get a call tomorrow.

I am getting concerned with the weather because the weather that was I posted yesterday for Thursday is now the weather for Friday!! Thursday it went from 60% chance of snow and rain to 30% and Friday it went from 30% to 60%. I hope that we will be able to fly out!! I guess all I can do is pray!!

As of right now there is nothing big in the way of snow forecast between now and the 14th. We have a 50% chance of snow on Saturday but they are only saying maybe a couple of inches and Thursday theres a 30% chance of snow showers in Milwaukee (we are flying out of Milwaukee) but only about 10% for Friday. I sure hope it stays that way but it's really too soon to predict. We also have the issue of lake effect snow. It could be sunny here in Hoffman Estates but with Milwaukee being near the lake it could snow there. I went to college in Kenosha, WI which is just south of Milwaukee and is on Lake Michigan. We lived maybe 20 miles west of there at the time. One day I left home to totally sunny skies. Half way to school it clouded up and started to snow a bit. By the time I got to school it was snowing about 2" and hour. I stayed at school only about an hour and decided to go back home because I was afraid I'd get stuck there. At home it was totally sunny again. Next day was more of the same except I didn't bother going to school. Kenosha got about 20" of snow over those 2 days but we had sunny skies and not a single flake of snow at our house. Go figure. :rolleyes:

We got snow! Not much but in Texas any snow is a big deal. The roads were covered early this morning but is starting to melt. The High today will only reach 27 and the low tonight will be in the teens. So far the forecast for next Friday is still holding with sunny and high in the 50s. That's good for us, Kathy and Frank and Sue and Dave, since they are connecting in Austin. One of these days I'll fly SW again but not until the Wright Amendment is lifted.

David, hope your forecast improves for next Friday.

Later,

Dave

Dave, what is the Wright amendment?

There was a huge snow storm in Oregon, but it didn't make it to us, and we desperately need it! Portland and Eugene got a bunch, and those people panic if they even get an inch, because it rains a ton but hardly ever snows! They don't know how to drive in snow, there was a 25 car pile up on I-5 freeway between Portland and Eugene. We only got a tiny skiff of snow.

One week from right now, Dave and I will be at the Reno airport waiting to board!

Sue, the Wright Amendment was passed in the 70s to restrict flights from Love Field in Dallas to only States that bordered Texas. This was years before SW started flying. It was intended to bolster the use of DFW Airport. Over the years it has been a debated problem and will end in October of this year. It was initiated by former Speaker of the House, Jim Wright, who is from Fort Worth.

Good morning fellow cruisers! I can't believe our turn is a week away. We have four cabins booked and are really looking forward to it. We sailed on the Breeze last year and love the ship. We have three coves and one on the lido. This will be my third cove and I don't think I would be as happy in a different balcony. Very excited about our trip.

Still no call, not worried since I believe Heidi said they will mail checks.

I went to webcam at POM this morning looks like Breeze is there waiting for the next group of cruisers.

She better be back next Saturday rested up and ready to rock n roll!!!!