*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

My kids live 130 miles north of us, and they got over 2 1/2 FEET of snow in the last 2 days! Oregon has had huge snow storms all over, causing a 25 car pile up on the freeway north of Eugene, hundreds of car wrecks all over Oregon, schools and business closed.

Meanwhile, here in Dry Gulch, we got nothing! We did get some rain yesterday, and I'm grateful for it, but I wish we got the big storms because we're in a drought and we desperately need moisture. Not looking good for our pasture and hay crops this year.

In 5 days we will be leaving home to begin our journey!!

The Breeze is sailing away without us for the last time. Some of our group is on board now for aB2B - Have fun! We will be getting on her the next time she is in port! :D

Ktravel - We still have not received the call for the refund either.

Sue - sorry you have not gotten the big rain/snow where you live, but if it does come I hope it is after you safely make it to the airport and take off.

Dave - hope you found something from Texas yesterday at the Fort Worth stockyard show for the gift exchange. I still haven't got mine together, but have some ideas.

I hope everyone's travel to Miami goes off without trouble.

Edited by AKB10

Howdy Cupids, LOL!

The rodeo was fantastic. Some of the events could have been better but you can't always rope your calf, but only one in 10 did.

The Calf Scramble was fun to watch. 16 kids, 8 calves, but all were winners. All kids receive a new pair of boots.

Most of the animals were gone because it was the last day of the event. We did see Buck Taylor. He sales prints and originals of his western art. He had a very beautiful lady on his arm. Lucky guy.:D

One week from today we will be enjoying our first sea-day. Anyone going to try the brunch.

Dave

Good Afternoon!

Still no call, not worried since I believe Heidi said they will mail checks.

Yes, that's what I was told. If it doesn't arrive before you leave and still hasn't arrived by the time you get back than I would call Crucon. I couldn't care less if it comes before or after the cruise. In fact, it might be better if it comes after since I only work part time and don't get paid when I take time off. That check would come in handy since I won't get a paycheck at all for the week are away. I do get a vacation bonus every year but it comes on my paycheck on my anniversary date in July. It's not like I take that money and put it aside for vacation. I do try to put $20.00 aside every week though just for vacation money. I used some for a trip I took in September but as of yesterday I had $600.00. That will be our spending money. Often I come home with money left over that that helps me out if I don't have a paycheck.

We had a couple more inches of snow yesterday. I have to admit, it was really pretty. I got up this morning and the sun was shining and the snow was so fluffy it sparkled like there were diamonds in it. i don't mind the snow as much as I mind the bitter cold and we are supposed to go back into the deep freeze tomorrow. Ugh!

Have a good day.

DH just came in and said Atlanta could possibly have some more freezing rain Thursday. We are driving 6 hours south to Atlanta to catch flight to Miami.

I thought going south to catch plane was smart idea I am beginning to wonder.

Just watched the Breeze sail-away for the last time before we get on. She was docked the wrong way and had to turn around. Amazing job. Hope that happens with us.

We may have freezing rain, fog, drizzle, sleet and snow Monday night and Tuesday. Everyone at work is starting to hate me because I'm leaving this cold stuff behind.

2/9/14

We are flying through Atlanta Friday morning. It's supposed to be in the 50s there on Friday. I picked Atlanta over Chicago for the same reasons.

We are on American 6:40 am flight I know I will hate leaving hotel at 5ish but will love being in Miami by 9:30 am

What time is your flight?

Only 3 more shifts at the OG and then I am officially on vacation. I think I really need it too. Last night a couple complained about me to the manager. They had called ahead and were on the top of the wait list when they came in. They wanted a booth so I told them that the next booth that opened up would be theirs. Then the guy asked how long that would be so I told them the truth. It could be 2 minutes or it could be 10 but that they would get the next one. That was it! They were offended so they complained. :eek: I didn't get into any real trouble. The manager was real nice and just talked to me about it. I didn't get written up or anything. I guess I just need to be even more fake and syrupy sweet to guests. :rolleyes:

The weather looks good for Friday. Mostly cloudy with only a 10% chance of snow. That's for Milwaukee. I haven't checked the forecast for home but no matter how bad it is here, we will get to Milwaukee for our flight, even if we have to camp out there over night. LOL

Dave got the suitcases out of the attic yesterday so I can start packing if I want to. I usually don't pack till the day before but I might start early this time. I have a feeling we are going to waaaay over pack. We are flying Southwest so we can each check 2 bags for free.

Have a great week! :)

Frank and I will get to Miami Thursday night. We have rented a car. I plan to buy our toiletries once we get to Miami and will be making a stop at CVS or other drug store. If anyone wants us to pick something up in Miami for them just let us know. What came to mind was wine, if you didn't want to pack some. We could meet you at your hotel or somewhere after eating at Largo's with the group that is going there.

Well here we are, 2 more working days to go til we get on the plane to fly to Miami on Thursday. And it can't come soon enough. Getting tired of the -32C/ -26F weather for the last 9 days straight. Time for some sun and Caribbean waters. Gonna be a long next 2 days of work. I am digging out the suticases and starting to pack tonight. Flight leaves at 5:30am on Thursday morning. Its crunch time kids.... lets do this!! :cool:

Dave ~ only 1 of 10 ropers caught their calf at the rodeo???? Good grief, we do better than that at our brandings! That's a little sad, really.

Heidi ~ that's ridiculous that those people complained!! That sounds like it was a no-win situation. If you had told them it would only be a short wait, and they had to wait 5 minutes, they probably would have complained anyway. People are such asses sometimes.

FINALLY started getting things ready to pack yesterday. I probably won't start putting things in suitcases until tomorrow.

I had my very first EVER pedicure yesterday! It was nice, but wow, she really gave me a deep tissue massage on the bottom of my feet! But my toes look GREAT!!

Got my hair cut & colored. Mani-pedi. Eyebrow wax. Ready for the cruise!!

Soooooo..... ANYONE getting excited yet? Not even a little bit? I think I am in vacay-giddy mood and not being very productive at work today. Tomorrow is gonna be a full on write off. Might even throw the towel in early.

Soooooo..... ANYONE getting excited yet? Not even a little bit? I think I am in vacay-giddy mood and not being very productive at work today. Tomorrow is gonna be a full on write off. Might even throw the towel in early.

I noticed in your sig that you are sailing the Quantum in January. There is a big group on CC that is sailing in April. That's going to be one great ship.

Got my last shift at the agency out of the way today. Hopefully that will be it but I could still have some work to do if any clients call me before Friday. I emailed everyone who I thought should know that I will be gone and gave them the name of another agent who will be covering for me if anything urgent comes up while I'm gone. Hopefully everything can wait till I get home though. Now I just have to work tonight and tomorrow night at the OG. The weather for Milwaukee on Friday still sounds good so I don't anticipate any problems getting out. i also started a making packing list today.

Edited by HeidiHo

I contacted Crucon today and they told me that they are mailing out the check. I will get a 25.00 gift card after I get back from the cruise.

Cruisin Dave..The weather report I heard that there is storm out of Texas and headed East toward NY Wednesday into Thursday but hope that we will just get rain. I will keep an eye on it tonight. .

David....:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We're heading out Thursday and there's a 30% chance of rain in Miami, should be around 74 degrees. While here at home its been warming up and should be 84 degrees. Does anyone else see a problem here? :p Thankfully it should be mid 80's for most of our stops next week! :D

So we're not quite sure we want to fight Miami traffic on a Friday night, which also happens to be Valentine's Day, so I don't think we're going to make any of the pre-cruise get togethers. If anyone else flying in Thursday has ideas for Friday breakfast, we could likely do that. Chris has a conference call he has to attend Friday morning, but I think he'll be done around 9am.

We don't know what time we're getting to the port on Saturday. Chris is platinum and I ask for a wheelchair to get on and off the boat, so we typically get through fairly quick. Of course, on our last cruise we actually went over early, and that was the day they were changing out a generator on the ship and no one was allowed on until 2:30pm. They were even doing shuttle runs to the French Quarter for all passengers, once you got your sail & sign card, just so they could try to empty out the terminal for a bit.

We settled on the Carnival Sailaway, Snorkel & Beach Cruise in Grand Turk; a day of rest in La Romana; the Bounty Adventures Sunset Cruise in Curacao; and the Carnival Catamaran Sailaway, Beach & Snorkel in Aruba. With my health issues, I really can't do stuff 4 days in a row and La Romana was the least interesting port for us.

I head for Chris' tomorrow afternoon with all my bags packed (well, first I have to pack them) and then we head out Thursday morning on Southwest, getting into Fort Lauderdale around 5pm. We went ahead and rented a car and will be dropping it at the Miami airport on Saturday morning and the Alamo shuttle will take us to the cruise terminal.

We leave in 2 days! Yippee! Oh s***, I gotta pack! :eek:

I got the dreaded e-mail I read about here on CC a lot - Do not arrive for check in until 1 to 3 PM. Of course we will be there earlier, we have FTTF and will not wait until 1 for check in. Why have FTTF if you don't get to the ship until 1.

One more shift for me to work also before vacation starts!!!

I got the dreaded e-mail I read about here on CC a lot - Do not arrive for check in until 1 to 3 PM. Of course we will be there earlier, we have FTTF and will not wait until 1 for check in. Why have FTTF if you don't get to the ship until 1.

One more shift for me to work also before vacation starts!!!

Try post again

We got the dreaded email also. We are FTTF so I would rather sit at port and wait, then at hotel. We will be ready to Breeze.

I am getting nervous about Atlanta . Even if our 6:30 am flight is ok, it is going to be one crazy airport. Who would have guessed the crazy winter several states have had.

Going to go finish packing

Safe travels

Bags packed! We leave today for the 4 hour drive to Reno. We'll probably leave late morning. Looks like good flying weather for us tomorrow.

I'm sending out positive thoughts that everyone will make it to Miami with no flight or driving problems due to weather!

Looking forward to seeing everyone - old friends and new friends! :D

Safe travels, all! See you on the Breeze! :cool: