Computer Flash Drive Download

skandls

I am planning on using my iPhone as my camera. Can I download the photos using the Oceania computers to a usb flash drive or sd card? Will there be internet charges if this works?

I don't want to bring my netbook if I can avoid it. We have enough electronics with charging cords that we will be bringing with us.

Others may have better info but in the past they have not allowed any "attachments" to their computers. A friend kept a personal log on the Oceania computer, planning to download it to a flash drive at the end of the cruise. They would not let him do it until they had cleaned his flash drive several times and even then they were not very willing.

I guess they fear contamination with a virus, etc.

I would not plan on using a flash drive unless someone can give you more up to date info.

If your iPhone is linked to your desktop (iMac or similar, Macbook, etc.), you can activate the iCloud function on settings, and then the photos you take with your phone are stored there for access by any of the connected devices. Of course, you might face foreign phone charges, etc., so check out the most convenient, least objectionable alternative and see what might work. It could mean a trip to the Apple Store to become familiar with the Cloud re photos, but could also save lugging around an extra device, cord and surge protector.

Bob H

If your iPhone is linked to your desktop (iMac or similar, Macbook, etc.), you can activate the iCloud function on settings, and then the photos you take with your phone are stored there for access by any of the connected devices. Of course, you might face foreign phone charges, etc., so check out the most convenient, least objectionable alternative and see what might work. It could mean a trip to the Apple Store to become familiar with the Cloud re photos, but could also save lugging around an extra device, cord and surge protector.

Bob H

I don't want to incur download charges. And after much research - I have found that the number of cords we need to bring is minimal with a wall usb charger. Lucky for me DH is a big guy capable of lugging the extra weight from the netbook and its brick.

Archived