How long to get to beach and back?

Brudette

I tried searching and couldn't find an answer to my question, so here goes:

We're in Grand Cayman from 10-6, doing a Snuba excursion from 2:30-4. I'm kind of bummed that it's right in the middle of the day. Hoping to be able to spend some time on 7 mile beach as well. I don't know where exactly I'm going to have to meet my excursion (hopefully not back on the ship itself).

So here's the question: Can I get to 7 mile beach and back to wherever we meet in that time frame? How long does it take to get to the beach? And should I take a taxi or the bus?

Thinking about maybe Seagrape beach, but I don't know what's the best part of the beach to head to in order to get there and back quickly but still enjoy a nice beach, maybe with some watersports rentals or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know about bus, but there were plenty of taxis at the pier offering rides to 7 mile beach.

I don't know where your scuba boat's departure point is and how flexible is your tour company. 7 mile beach was on the way to our snorkel tour boat, we could have been dropped off at 7 mile beach entrance after the tour if we wished.

By bus, it took about 10-15 mins.....much longer returning, as traffic tends to get backed up in the afternoon...allow about 45 mins to return to the ship!

That, and because you have to tender at Grand Cayman, I highly suggest you just head on back to the boat when your excursion is over. We waited in line over an hour to tender back to the boat.

So if you're wanting to do so, definitely go before your excursion :) You should have a couple hours to spend on the beach!

Archived