Suite vs. Balcony?

Staplerman

Hello folks, we are new to NCL and looking at sailing on the Dawn sometime later this year. Can you veteran NCL cruisers provide some insight on the difference between balcony cabins and suites on this ship? Thanks!

Hello folks, we are new to NCL and looking at sailing on the Dawn sometime later this year. Can you veteran NCL cruisers provide some insight on the difference between balcony cabins and suites on this ship? Thanks!

I'm not a veteran (currently planning our first NCL cruise in a suite) but from what I've learned on CC, suite perks mainly include breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, 24-hour room service from any restaurant on the ship (normal fees apply for specialty restaurants), butler and concierge service on top of regular cabin steward service, snacks/canapes delivered to your suite every day, priority embarkation/debarkation/tendering, priority dinner reservations in any restaurant, a bottle of sparkling wine and water on arrival, and premium bath and shower products. And also a bigger room, though the size difference will depend on which suite you book. If you stay in the very-high end suites (owner's suites, garden villas) you get a few bottles of free liquor and you might get free limo transportation to and from the port. I'm sure I'm probably missing a few things, but this is the gist of it. We're looking forward to the experience in a few months!

Depending on level of suite you get: Butler, Concierge service, LOTS of room, dining en suite if requested (served by butler), canapes/treats/goodies, fancy coffee machine, and other amenities.

Balcony gets you: a small room with a balcony.....

I am a breakfast person. I cannot tell you enough how the Cagney's breakfast perk enhances my cruise. The venue is peaceful and somewhat intimate. The service is attentive. The coffee is french press. In addition to a mini buffet with items such as smoked salmon, muesli, tomato slices, nuts and fruit, the menu is impressive. Such standouts as crabcakes benedict, steak and eggs, caramel banana pancakes and fruits de mer in brioche (seafood). They will also do their best with any special requests. I loved their omelets, I had several during my 14 night Sun cruise in 2009.

We also had an exceptional concierge (Karin G.) who thought of everything and then some.

I am now spoiled for the NCL suite life... No turning back now.

Archived