how do you book a box on qv for theatre ?

sarahmouse

Hi,

How do I book a box at the theatre on the QV ? , its my partners 40th so thought it would be a nice surprise for him,

Thanks

First you will need to establish the nights on which the boxes are bookable. Booking tend to apply only on nights where there is a full production show. The rest of the time the boxes can be used on a first come first served basis (but without any of the additional benefits like canapes and champagne). I've never actually booked one but, from memory, the booking is made through the Purser's desk. As you are looking at a special occasion make sure you get your booking in as early as you possible can to avoid possible disappointment.

J

As always, Cruachan is right.:eek::D Pursers desk is the place to book and can tell you the schedule of shows. Do it as soon as feasible after boarding if you have a specific want. We had no trouble booking what we wanted for two shows last January. We had a great time. Specific boxes to book has been discussed in another thread. A quick search of this forum should find the thread so I will not go over all that again. As part of the booking, you do get a split of Veuve Cliquot instead of Pol Acker!!:D

Thank you for the info,

just hope there is a suitable show, sail on the 5th of May for 3 night mini cruise and cant find out what shows are on

Ah, a three nighter. That could make things a leetle tricky. I suspect that, if the boxes are going to be bookable at all it will only be on the second night. You will need to get to the Purser's desk pretty much the minute you get on board - they should be able to tell you there whether the boxes are bookable or not.

J

Hi,

How do I book a box at the theatre on the QV ? , its my partners 40th so thought it would be a nice surprise for him,

Thanks

As soon as you board, go see the Purser & make reservations. It will cost you about $60. We actually had hardly any trouble just "grabbing" a box. As long as there aren't many reserved, it's pretty easy. Do get to the show about 20-30 min.early. Since it is a bit of a confining walk to get a balcony, most elderly don't bother, or at least they reserve a head of time.

Archived