Phone Call 4rm the Upgrade Fairy

Shatima

I want to know who out there has been booked in a Regular Balcony Cabin, and got a Upgrade Call? Also, I want to know if it was from a Regular Balcony to a larger one or to a Suite, & How much was it?

Trying to see some pall park figures, and what may be a great deal :)

Thanks so much,

Shatima

We received one from the Upgrade Fairy about 5 days before our five day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Triumph embarked this past January. We were booked in a Spa level balcony on the Triumph, 5 people. They offered us an upgrade to a Grand Suite for $600 total. It was our 2nd cruise on Carnival and we had booked Early Saver.

2009: Call was to upgrade from two connecting regular balconies on Miracle 8 day to two adjoining (not connecting) ocean suites for $500 total. We took it. We could open the balcony divider, so we still had our adjoining cabins.

2010: Call was to upgrade from aft wrap and nextdoor aft balcony on Conquest 7-day to a grand suite for $500 for 4 of us. We declined - we booked the cruise for the aft wrap. Another call a few hours later, though - upgrade to the grand suite and the sons' fares in the aft balcony would be credited as OBC. $1375. Hated giving up the aft wrap, but it was too good a deal to pass up.

2011: Call was to upgrade from an ocean suite and inside to the Owner's Suite on Fantasy 7-day for an additional $2000 for 4 of us. If I had been the one getting the call I would have said no - but DH got the call, not me. He went for it. And he didn't regret it, either. Definitely a one-in-a-lifetime experience.:cool:

In all, our experience has been that the upsell call came because we had cabins that someone else wanted.

On our Valor cruise.. We had an aft Bal cabin.. and they called and offered us a Suite for 150 Dollars total for 7 days.. we jumped on it... Being it was an anniversary cruise.. :D

Tho one day I really wanna do an aft bal.

-Debbi

I got a call on the Triumph cruise.

Interior to Aft Wrap $225 total. Definitely took it!!:D

Got another call on Elation, not sure which date,

Interior to a suite, don't remember which suite, $1500... Declined!!

I've never had a call from the Upgrade Fairy (those upgrades are free) and have received a call only once from the Upsell Fairy. We had an aft wrap on the Splendor and they offered to upgrade us to a Grand Suite for $600. I laughed. Not a chance! No way was I giving up an aft wrap. :D We'd had a grand suite previously and IMHO they don't compare to an aft wrap.

We had Liberty interior on deck 10, 3 weeks before the cruise got a call from the upsell fairy for a starboard side balcony on deck 8 for $200 total for 3 people. We took it, had a choice of 3 cabins to choose from!

We have an aft-wrap on our upcoming Victory cruise - no way would I upsell to a suite!

2009: Call was to upgrade from two connecting regular balconies on Miracle 8 day to two adjoining (not connecting) ocean suites for $500 total. We took it. We could open the balcony divider, so we still had our adjoining cabins.

2010: Call was to upgrade from aft wrap and nextdoor aft balcony on Conquest 7-day to a grand suite for $500 for 4 of us. We declined - we booked the cruise for the aft wrap. Another call a few hours later, though - upgrade to the grand suite and the sons' fares in the aft balcony would be credited as OBC. $1375. Hated giving up the aft wrap, but it was too good a deal to pass up.

2011: Call was to upgrade from an ocean suite and inside to the Owner's Suite on Fantasy 7-day for an additional $2000 for 4 of us. If I had been the one getting the call I would have said no - but DH got the call, not me. He went for it. And he didn't regret it, either. Definitely a one-in-a-lifetime experience.:cool:

In all, our experience has been that the upsell call came because we had cabins that someone else wanted.

Dannng thanks for all of that.. 2011 Was a big one.. :)

Archived