Back from the Emerald

Lovetravel101

Jeannie - I will be sure to let you know if Leigh goes back to the Emerald - are you sailing the whole winter this/next year? What will you do during its dry dock?

Our plans are very much up in the air. We might do some Celebrity cruises, come home for the holidays and then go to the Emerald. There's a Celebrity 14-night itinerary which has full days in both Grenada and Bonaire, and it's been a couple of years since we've had the luxury of that much time on those islands (on an HAL cruise).

We won't know for certain until the final payment dates arrive. Meanwhile, we're working hard around here saving money for another winter at sea.

Yep, that's my girl Leigh Cara. We got to sail on January 27 and sure enjoyed all of her shows. Did you get a chance to see her play her original music in Crooners? She is going to Nashville next week to record an EP of her original music. She is quite talented as a singer, musician and songwriter, but she has also worked really hard the last ten years. She loved her time on the Emerald and is looking forward to joining the Ruby later this summer.

Hey Shelley...how are you and Ric doing? Wish Leah good luck in Nashville and please let us know the name of the CD and when it will be released. One of my really good friends Niece is working at the Purser's desk on the Ruby. I will have to ask her what her Nieces name is and let you know so Leah can say hi to her from her Aunt. That would shock the heck out of her I am sure lol. I wish Leah was on the Island instead and then we would have seen her again in Nov. when we do the Panama Canal on the Island. We only wanted to do a 10-day so the Island is was. Hope everything is good with you and Ric and hope to cross paths again some time in the future. Take care.

Corinne (and Mike)

Yep, that's my girl Leigh Cara. We got to sail on January 27 and sure enjoyed all of her shows. Did you get a chance to see her play her original music in Crooners? She is going to Nashville next week to record an EP of her original music. She is quite talented as a singer, musician and songwriter, but she has also worked really hard the last ten years. She loved her time on the Emerald and is looking forward to joining the Ruby later this summer.

I thought that might have been your girl when I saw the first show of the cruise - she's VERY talented! I remember reading your review. Sorry I didn't see any other shows - caught a cold the first day and didn't want to cough through the shows.

We had a wonderful time - I cried on Monday also while leaving!

This was my first Princess cruise and I wanted to point out a few differences between Princess and Royal Caribbean: (1) Princess lets you bring wine onboard and looks the other way if you happen to pack a bottle of rum in your checked bag. RCCL is MILITANT about bringing any alcohol onboard. (2) Chocolate on the bed each night! Yum! RCCL stopped doing that a couple years ago. (3) You get clean beach towels in your room each day, not having to go to the pool to check them out.

We didn't get any towel animals but no big deal. The bed wasn't as bad as I expected it to be - the mattress pad seemed to help a bit.

All in all, I was very impressed. Emerald is a beautiful ship. Yes, the pools were crowded on at-sea days but we didn't have any issues finding a lounger. The chair hogs were out in force though.

Archived