what do you DO to "time" the chair hogs?? sit/stand/perch what??

sharecruises

I have not had this problem too much but I read about it and I am getting scared for Serenity deck

so....how do you "time' the chairs??

do you just stand there??> that sounds so boring

you are on vacation....do you sit/stand/perch on a chair or ??

how do you keep track of them??

thanks

If you don't want to rush in, just take a pic of their stuff. Come back when you think enough time has passed and hold the picture up to what you see in front of you. If the stuff hasn't moved, then they haven't come back and the seat is all yours.;)

safest thing to do is take a picture with a time stamp, I think. I've never done that though. on my last cruise we were on deck between 10:30 and 11 AM on our first sea day and had no trouble finding two chairs next to each other. granted they weren't right around the main pool or anything (they were on the deck above the pool in fact) but they were in the sun and worked just fine for us :)

I've only ever moved chair hog stuff when I could prove that the person had left their things and not returned for at least 35 minutes (I figure the 30 minute rule plus 5 minutes just in case is more than enough). These people were hogging four chairs and we only needed two, and we'd seen them lay their stuff down and knew they were together. We moved the stuff off two of the chairs and left it on the remaining two chairs. When they eventually came back they tried to pick a fight but I just said they'd been gone too long and ignored them after that. They huffed and puffed a bit but what are they really going to do?

I have not had this problem too much but I read about it and I am getting scared for Serenity deck

thanks

i only remember doing this once, but we sat on the benches that surround the pool. eyed our prey. and then went in for the kill.

thanks

Oh man, do people really spend their vacation time doing this? I mean, I know it's a hot button and all, but DW and I have never had a problem finding loungers, even if it's away from the Lido area. I just can't imagine spending my time monitoring chair hogs, confronting them, hiding their things, etc etc etc. Seriously, I just don't get it.

First cruise in a few months...this is what I have to look forward to??

Sorry for the bad impression. This problem is usually because of CHAIR LOCATION not the chair itself. There is a cruise ship rule that no chair is to be saved or left unoccupied for more than 30 min. Unfortunatley the staff doesn't always inforce it and some people take it upon themselves. Some times people simple didn't know the rules and other times people don't think those rules apply to them and occasionally disputes erupt among these Adults (?).

We have been on 5 cruises and have never had a problem. We simple walk around until we find empty chairs we like as they are many locations to sit. It's the pool area that gets the most attention.

Have wonderful cruise!:D

I was on the Dream last month (spring Break for a lot of school) so the were alot of children and teachers, anyway I went to the lido deck aft pool to find a seat at 8:15 but all chairs were gone on that level. I had to go up one floor over looking the pool and I watched. I left at 11am and there was ALOT of chair hogs that never showed up when I was there. I did see a group complain to the staff and they had to wait another 30 before the staff would remove the stuff.

First cruise in a few months...this is what I have to look forward to??

As long as you don't have to be right next to the pool there will always be places to find deck chairs away from the hustle and bustle....AND drink waiters willing to bring drinks to you wherever you are.

We don't care for the chairs around the pool area or being lined up like dominoes on the Lido deck, so we find chairs alone on the top decks. If we did like the Lido, I may notice saved chairs, but would not waste precious vacation time doing anything about it. I know people save chairs all over the ship.

It is very inconsiderate of people to "hog" a chair when their butt is not sitting in it. I hope some day Carnival can take care of this.

Archived