Art prices onboard

Tink1987

Hi All,

We are booked on the transatlantic cruise in May 2013 on the Disney Magic.

I would like to buy a piece of Disney art onboard and was hoping somebody could give me starting prices even for the smallest framed piece?

Just want a idea of how much to save etc before we go

Thanks very much :)

Hi All,

I would like to buy a piece of Disney art onboard and was hoping somebody could give me starting prices even for the smallest framed piece?

Art prices range from $150 to around less than a $1000. I'm not relating to the auction but of the ones that are displayed along the hall way in deck 4, I believe. I purchase one every time particularly from the arts of Darren Wilson. It commemorates our cruise trip. I am wanting to purchase art work by Thomas Kincade but have yet to see one for sale on board. They most probably will cost more now that he passed away.

Shipping takes around 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

Hope this helps.

Art prices range from $150 to around less than a $1000. I'm not relating to the auction but of the ones that are displayed along the hall way in deck 4, I believe. I purchase one every time particularly from the arts of Darren Wilson. It commemorates our cruise trip. I am wanting to purchase art work by Thomas Kincade but have yet to see one for sale on board. They most probably will cost more now that he passed away.

Shipping takes around 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, that did help a lot! :D

I'd say on average they were in the $500-600 range, but like ivrier said, the cheapest was around $150. On the Magic in January, there was a really cool Buzz Lightyear faux comic book done up like a 1950s comic book. Loved it, but the price was around $400 I just couldn't justify it.

Hi All,

Here is a sample of an artwork numbered 21 of 95 by Darren Wilson which was purchased on the Disney Dream last April 2011. As you can see closely, the Dream is floating on the background and I was told that this was sold only on the Dream. This particular work which measures 24 in by 18 was worth $250.

download.jpg.a70392dda9f1a5c496949820513c9a9a.jpg

Here is a sample of an artwork numbered 21 of 95 by Darren Wilson which was purchased on the Disney Dream last April 2011. As you can see closely, the Dream is floating on the background and I was told that this was sold only on the Dream. This particular work which measures 24 in by 18 was worth $250.

[ATTACH]230531[/ATTACH]

That's beautiful - thank you very much for sharing!

Did the $250 include the frame? I was thinking as well about how much they would charge to ship to the UK?

[ATTACH]230531[/ATTACH]

Was that the appraisal that the ships art dealer placed on the work or did you have an appraisal done by a disinterested independent appraiser?

The people on the ship are trying to sell you stuff so you can assume that they will always lie and inflate the value to make you think it is worth more than it really is.

DON

Was that the appraisal that the ships art dealer placed on the work or did you have an appraisal done by a disinterested independent appraiser?

The people on the ship are trying to sell you stuff so you can assume that they will always lie and inflate the value to make you think it is worth more than it really is.

DON

The total cost of the art work which is not original but giclee on canvas with the original signature of Darren Wilson with shipping to Washington state was around $285. It was not appraised. That was just the cost of it. I know for a fact that the original painting would cost several thousands.

By the way, don't be discouraged about the shipping time. I heard nightmare stories of the company which used to ship the auctioned art from Disney cruise and when my art had not arrived within 6 weeks I began to make phone calls. Initially they could not locate my item but after persistent phone calls, they were able to locate it.

Archived