Soft drink package - Cup question

We sailed on the Star in March. I purchased a drink package, and received a cup with the NCL logo on it to carry around the trip to be refilled each time I want a drink.

Anyone know if it is the same cup on each ship or do they change it up at all? (change colouring/ logo/ etc).

Thanks

We were on the Epic last month and purchased the soda package for a few people in our party. A couple of people bought the package at one of the nicer bars on the ship and received a very nice insulated cup that was silver/black with a nice NCL logo. Other people bought them at the pool bar and received a different cup. I don't know if this is true on the other NCL ships but that's what we encountered! Also, you never really had to have the cup in your possession every time you wanted a soda because the bartenders just looked for the sticker on the room key cards.

We sailed on the Star in March. I purchased a drink package, and received a cup with the NCL logo on it to carry around the trip to be refilled each time I want a drink.

Anyone know if it is the same cup on each ship or do they change it up at all? (change colouring/ logo/ etc).

Thanks

The cup usually is the same but the sticker they put on your key changes week to week.

We just got back from a 7 day Epic cruise and we both purchased the soda sticker. They didn't give us cups. I think they were out of them or something, I didn't see anyone with them on this sailing. It was our first cruise. We got stickers on our cards but no cups. You can ask for 2 at a time though, which we would do if going back to the room or something, because the regular cups are kind of small.

This is my first post! We're going on a 14 night cruise (NCL Star Oct 21). Do I have to purchase a plan each week or just once to cover the entire cruise? Do you have to always use the cup they give you or can you bring up your own cup? What if you bring up a 'larger' cup? Is that frowned upon? Thanks! :)

This is my first post! We're going on a 14 night cruise (NCL Star Oct 21). Do I have to purchase a plan each week or just once to cover the entire cruise? Do you have to always use the cup they give you or can you bring up your own cup? What if you bring up a 'larger' cup? Is that frowned upon? Thanks! :)

This is from the website:

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity and applicable taxes

They put a sticker on your card. This is what gets you the soda. You don't have to use the cup.

The emphasis is more on the sticker than the cup. As other posters have indicated you don't need the cup to get the refill. During our last cruise, there were all different color cups to chose from. Ours was purple.

Thank you! I did a little digging on the NCL site as well. Guess you have to purchase a plan for your WHOLE trip at the same time. You can't buy one week of a two week cruise. It works out to just over $7.00/day which isn't bad considering that's only 3 1/2 drinks per day if you were actually paying for each individual drink! I'm assuming they are a glass size drink, not a full can??

Thank you! I did a little digging on the NCL site as well. Guess you have to purchase a plan for your WHOLE trip at the same time. You can't buy one week of a two week cruise. It works out to just over $7.00/day which isn't bad considering that's only 3 1/2 drinks per day if you were actually paying for each individual drink! I'm assuming they are a glass size drink, not a full can??

Bear in mind it is Pepsi products, and only a few to choose from. You won't get a can, just a small glass of soda, from certain places on the ship (not room service, for example). YMMV on return on investment here.

Edited by LadyShiva

Every time we have purchased the soda program (each year) the cup was different. The style was completely different along with the colors and everything.

I don't know if they are different on each SHIP (because we sail a different ship each time) or if they just change it up every year.

These are the ones from our last 3 cruises:

IMG_8313.jpg

The 2 on the left were from the Spirit cruise and you could pick what colors you wanted (they had a lot of different colors)

The middle is from the Pearl cruise last month.

On the right is the one from the Epic cruise.

If they only give you "a small cup" of soda why do they give you a big cup when you purchase the plan? Can you use the cup they give you to fill up? This is so confusing! Also, what is YMMV?

Edited by kelsie94

If they only give you "a small cup" of soda why do they give you a big cup when you purchase the plan? Can you use the cup they give you to fill up? This is so confusing! Also, what is YMMV?

Yes, they give you these thermal cups to use while you are on the ship. You simply hand it to them and they fill it up each time.

If you choose not to carry it around with you all the time, you can simply show them your card with the pepsi sticker on it showing that you bought the soda package and they'll just give you a glass of soda. Some times it's a smaller glass, some times it's a bigger one. They use the glasses that they make the mixed drinks in. It all just depends on the person. Also, if you want a bigger glass (instead of the smaller one), you can simply ask for a bigger size. I've done that plenty of times and they had no problem with it. :)

YMMV=your mileage may vary (which people use on here meaning different things on here and has nothing to do with "mileage" :D)

Yes, they give you these thermal cups to use while you are on the ship. You simply hand it to them and they fill it up each time.

If you choose not to carry it around with you all the time, you can simply show them your card with the pepsi sticker on it showing that you bought the soda package and they'll just give you a glass of soda. Some times it's a smaller glass, some times it's a bigger one. They use the glasses that they make the mixed drinks in. It all just depends on the person. Also, if you want a bigger glass (instead of the smaller one), you can simply ask for a bigger size. I've done that plenty of times and they had no problem with it. :)

YMMV=your mileage may vary (which people use on here meaning different things on here and has nothing to do with "mileage" :D)

Thank you!! Much appreciated!

Thank you!! Much appreciated!

You're very welcome. I wouldn't worry too much about it. With the soda package you can drink as much as you'd like. So, even if you do get one of the smaller cups, you are welcome to go back whenever you'd like for more. I have noticed sometimes when we are out hanging around the bar/deck area by the pools, if we go up a few times, they start to give us bigger glasses so that we don't have to go up as often. :D

Do they have more then one package, a soda, and how about juices, mock tails?

We were on Princess and I got a plan that included soda, juice and mock tails, loved it! Does anyone know, we are going on the Pearl.

Per the NCL website:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

NCL's package is for soda only.

You van get free juices and coffee at the main buffet. I was on the epic and they had a machine with apple cranberry and orange juices plus a regular/decaf coffee machine that ground fresh beans and brewed the coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD