Dress Code....

Tina0922

Don't want to start a war about attire like on other boards but as a first timer on Disney I am wondering about evening attire. I will be traveling with my mother and 2 nephews (6 & 8 yrs). Is the evening attire similar to other main stream cruise lines? Is there a formal or semi-formal on the 5 nighter? Was planning to pack like going to the parks but I usually tend to dress nicer when I cruise so I am cought between the two. Especially for the kids....first time they will be on a cruise and first time I'm taking kids on a cruise.

Thanks

Tina

Don't want to start a war about attire like on other boards but as a first timer on Disney I am wondering about evening attire. I will be traveling with my mother and 2 nephews (6 & 8 yrs). Is the evening attire similar to other main stream cruise lines? Is there a formal or semi-formal on the 5 nighter? Was planning to pack like going to the parks but I usually tend to dress nicer when I cruise so I am cought between the two. Especially for the kids....first time they will be on a cruise and first time I'm taking kids on a cruise.

Thanks

Tina

I'm not real sure, but I think the 5 night cruise has a semi-formal night (or, possibly a "dress up optional" night). The general dress is cruise casual.

DCL isn't really strict about what they allow in the MDRs (they won't deny you coming in), but they do ask no bathing suits, shorts in the MDRs. If you've booked Palo or Remy, they will send you back to your room to change if you don't dress up enough.

For the dress up night, think garden party, or Sunday best, and you'll be fine.

:)

Archived