Emerald Princess April 6, 2012 Short Review

Travelrd

My opinion of the April 6th cruise on the Emerald will decent slightly in that it was a good cruise but not a great cruise. While there was no major issue overall we found a number of things that detracted from the experience.

The Horizon and Caribe Grill were problematic, stations opened and closed randomly, not enough cups, forks and food was luke warm. Coffee stations opened and closed also randomly. Our room was not cleaned one day and another we had cleaning supplies left behind. Room service food was cold and heard this from a number of people. We ordered a bottle of wine in the MDR which was bad and it took until desert for the Sommelier to show up and agree,("No wine for you".... with dinner that night) the wait staff would not offer an opinion as apparently they pay for a mistake. BBQ lunch on Princess Caye closed at 1:30pm and many people were upset as they got no lunch. We went to Sabitini's twice and were charged for three visits. It took 45 minutes waiting at the Pursers's desk for the staff form Sabitini to come down look at the bills go back and then agree that they were wrong. Again each in themselves not a big deal but kind of a degredation by a 100 paper cuts.

The good things were anytime dining and food in the Michelangelo Room was very good and we met many interesting and fun people. Ship was clean and sapcious. Love the new Smoking policy. The best balconies on a line we have cruised to date.....which were hugh and easlily could accomodate six on our Carbe deck stateroom. Sabitini's was good but heavy on the salt....asked them to tone down for the second night which they did without issue. Crew overall friendly and helpful. Finally a wonderful itinerary.

It seems that even with the small mistakes that did happen, you had a good cruise. Amazing that you, checking everything around you, missed out on many spelling errors! My point is everybody makes mistakes... Let's lighten up.

It seems that even with the small mistakes that did happen, you had a good cruise. Amazing that you, checking everything around you, missed out on many spelling errors! My point is everybody makes mistakes... Let's lighten up.

I think YOU need to light up. You seem to take great pleasure in finding and pointing out spelling and or grammer errors. People on these boards are looking for information, not to be ridiculed. Most people can figure out what the poster is asking, regardless of spelling or grammer.

Here is one of your posts from 8/25/2010:

It looks like you ave never sailed the Sapphire, so what makw.jm es you anexpert... I loved the Sapohire... She is a wonderful ship.

So maybe you should consider being so critical of others!

I think YOU need to light up. You seem to take great pleasure in finding and pointing out spelling and or grammer errors. People on these boards are looking for information, not to be ridiculed. Most people can figure out what the poster is asking, regardless of spelling or grammer.

Here is one of your posts from 8/25/2010:

It looks like you ave never sailed the Sapphire, so what makw.jm es you anexpert... I loved the Sapohire... She is a wonderful ship.

So maybe you should consider being so critical of others!

Wow! You do keep up with all those posts! By the way, it should be grammar... but who needs to nitpick. I agree with you that I should lighten up and not pay attention to these kinds of mistakes, but when these mistakes are being made by people who think they are (mistakenly) superior to the rest of us peons... that is when I say something... Have you seen the thread about wine? This one person thought he/she was really superior and thought Somalia was the same as sommelier... :D I just have a problem with people thinking they are so much better than the rest of us and then show that they aren't...

Wow! You do keep up with all those posts! By the way, it should be grammar... but who needs to nitpick. I agree with you that I should lighten up and not pay attention to these kinds of mistakes, but when these mistakes are being made by people who think they are (mistakenly) superior to the rest of us peons... that is when I say something... Have you seen the thread about wine? This one person thought he/she was really superior and thought Somalia was the same as sommelier... :D I just have a problem with people thinking they are so much better than the rest of us and then show that they aren't...

Love it! You now have a fan (me). :p

We agree with David 110%. We had absolutely no issues with this cruise or the staff. The demographics were perfect. We had all kinds of people and ages elderly to middle age , young adults, teens and kids. Not to mention about 400 fun loving Brits!!!!! The staff was great. The food in the MDR was good to excellent. Horizon Court well is the Horizon Court. I stay away as much as possible. Although the HC was better than the HC on the Sapphire or the Sea Princess. I even splurged for the UBD. My wife was surprised. She really liked it. I would recommend it.

We continued on the Emerald for the next cruise. The ports were better IMHO but ship life was better on the the April 6 cruise.

I booked E731 just today for a Caribbean cruise in 2013. The rave reviews of that balcony won me over. Now the question...Is it that good :)

Yes, yes, yes. That is good!

To the OP, nice to read you had such a great cruise. I sure understand the feeling of having to be dragged from a cruise.:D:D:D

Working 2 Cruise, thanks for stepping up and being the new Editor in Chief of the Princess CC board. How we managed to survive this long with poor spelling and grammar is beyond me. Also the need for a new moral compass to defend against the snooty is long overdue. Perhaps you can send me your email so that I can have you approve content and correct those nasty mistakes prior to posting in the future.

For the record, my comments were in contradiction to the Princess cheerleader squad who thought that this was a perfect cruise (apparently this is OK?) I respect their opinion but could not agree. Yes it was a good cruise but not a great cruise. What you may consider mistakes I consider failings and detracted from “my” cruise, particularly when they are repeating over several days. I have been on enough cruises to know the difference (I am sure you will tell me otherwise). Perhaps it was the word Sommelier that sent you over the top…….maybe “Wine Dude” sounds less superior.

Archived