Tahitian Princess Embarkation

Jackiealu

We are going on the Tahitian Princess in Sept. and have booked two nights pre cruise at the Beachcomber through Princess. I was told that this includes transfers from the hotel to the ship on the embarkation day. If we want to do some type of excursion or sightseeing that day we may miss or we may choose to miss the Princess transfer. I am assuming that we can just take a taxi from the hotel to the ship later in the afternoon when it is convenient for us. Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone know how much the taxi or alternate transportation to the ship would cost. Would we still be able to get on the ship easily if we go to the port on our own?

I just hate to lose that whole day by hanging around and waiting for the transfer. Please let me know if you have any ideas on this.

Thank you,

Jackie

jackiealu@aol.com

Our Princess transfer arrived about 11:30 or so at the Sheraton and I think they stopped at the Beachcomber first. If you want to skip the transfer you can, but because it's part of the pre-hotel stay, you may not get refunded any money. You can certainly take a taxi from the hotel to the pier. I'm not sure of the price for that. We had 3 nights pre-cruise and were busy sightseeing the first two days and then relaxed the day of boarding and walked around downtown Papeete. You'll be fine if you want to sightsee on your own and go to the pier on your own.

Archived