Emerald Princess Accessible Rooms

Tibear

Just thought I would share this info as I found it hard to find when booking my cruise. First off let me say that my wife requires accessible accommodations and we didn't book the room just because of the size.

The room was large enough to accommodate both a wheelchair and electric scooter. You will see in the pics that the balcony has a very neat setup such that the metal piece comes down over the sliding door track. This prevents the wheels from getting caught when entering the balcony.. well done!!

The role in shower worked very well as we had no issues with water ending up anywhere else in the bathroom. The bench was great, as well at the adjustable shower head. The constant temp handle worked very well and there was never any issue of getting scalded by hot water.

This was by far our best experience with an accessible room.. well done Princess..

AR1.jpg.352bebce084d2dde425abcf6e79d696a.jpg

AR2.jpg.232a70485280ec4b2f391d75fe6be658.jpg

AR3.jpg.e9fc9d068cc1f318874ef56630c39e03.jpg

AR4.jpg.2d6f4ff43bd08618e23fbebeca16ec79.jpg

AR5.jpg.13a64d3e1f06ae1f4879e8f73767398c.jpg

AR6.jpg.92bb0156e3dfa8b05319e95af9c480d2.jpg

AR7.jpg.4dcd3236607cafbbd370e0e32b4719de.jpg

AR8.jpg.85833bf9289836588cfdb6ede248bcdb.jpg

We found being close to the front elevators was a bonus in that they were not as busy as the mid or aft elevators. Made it easy to get to the rest of the ship. Our only problem was that we had friends who had an aft balcony room on our floor. It was darn near impossible to get there when the cleaning carts were out.. (left a few scrapes on the wall with the scooter):)

• 4 months later...

Thank you for posting your pictures. We are on the Diamond in October which is a sister ship.

We will also have a balcony H/C for the first time and wondered what to expect.

We did have a similiar stateroom on the Ocean Princess (without balcony) and the shower did not contain the water very well. Each time we used it we ended up with the whole bathroom flooding....

I've taken quite a few cruises on Princess, mainly on Sapphire and Golden. The HC balcony cabins are by the forward elevators on these ships as well. In fact, you are either directly by the egress for the elevator or the next cabin over, so it is easy to maneuver.

Early on, I figured out that the easiest way to get from one end of the ship to the other, or even to midship was to go down to the seventh deck on the forward elevators, then go across the seventh deck. If my destination was elsewhere, then I'd take either the midship or aft elevators from seven. Seems circuitous, but you don't have to worry about carts or people opening cabin doors, etc. Works for me.

If you are planning on going to Alaska, give yourself a treat. Golden Princess has a HC "window suite" which prices out the same as a balcony and comes with all the suite perks. It is also roomy (as are all Princess HC cabins), so you can turn easily in the cabin.

M.

• 2 weeks later...

The Emerald, Crown and Ruby are sisters but you will find very little difference in h/c cabins throughout the fleet. All are 50% larger then a standard cabin and the only difference we have noted from ship to ship is that some may have some extra cabin space and the Emerald, Ruby, and Crown have the metal ramp to the balcony which retracts when the balcony door is closed. Almost all of the h/c cabins are located in the vicinity of the forward elevator bank and getting down the hall with stewards' carts in the way is very difficult; the way we get around this is to go to a lower deck like the Promenade or Plaza deck and use it to wherever we are going.

Archived