Premium vs regular balcony

Tcas1

Friend of mine wanted me to ask. . . what's the difference between a premium balcony and a regular balcony. She's staying in cabin #8327.

Is this a good cabin. Any info would be great.

Friend of mine wanted me to ask. . . what's the difference between a premium balcony and a regular balcony. She's staying in cabin #8327.

Is this a good cabin. Any info would be great.

What ship??

A premium balcony on the Spirit-class ships is a larger balcony and a larger cabin. "Premium" is actually a cabin category (9A on Spirit-call, I believe) and the cabins are more expensive than a "regular" balcony.

9A is obstructed Premium

9B is Premium.

go to cruise line rooms dot com

clcik on Carnival Miracle (sister ship to Legend, Spirit and Pride)

Click on room 8237 (I think that's what yoiu meant instead of 8327

9B's on spirit class are a hidden gem! Many amenities similar to a suite but a hell of a lot cheaper! (Although they are more than a regular balcony).

9A is obstructed Premium

9B is Premium.

go to cruise line rooms dot com

clcik on Carnival Miracle (sister ship to Legend, Spirit and Pride)

Click on room 8237 (I think that's what yoiu meant instead of 8327

9B's on spirit class are a hidden gem! Many amenities similar to a suite but a hell of a lot cheaper! (Although they are more than a regular balcony).

Good Evening. Dave and Heald are both banning.

The regular balcony holds 2 chairs and a small table. There wasn't a whole lot of room but 3 of us sat out there (my DGrD sat on the little table). Not enough room to stretch your legs very much. Last year it was just two of us and I booked cabin7258 on the Pride and it was listed as a Premium. It had a huge balcony with 2 lounge chairs, a reg. chair and a table and there was room for more chairs! I jokingly called it my bowling alley balcony - nice and long. Reg. balcony and this premium balcony one had same size cabins.

What ship??

A premium balcony on the Spirit-class ships is a larger balcony and a larger cabin. "Premium" is actually a cabin category (9A on Spirit-call, I believe) and the cabins are more expensive than a "regular" balcony.

I have paid premium balcony rate twice now- in 2011 and 2012, and in both cases the balcony was huge and cabins were same size as I had with reg. balcony. I think these cabins with extra long balconies on spirit-class use to go for the extended balcony rate, but now are listed and go for the Premium balcony rate. Others are as your said above, larger cabin and balcony, but some of these premium balconies aren't quite as big as cabins like 7258.

I have paid premium balcony rate twice now- in 2011 and 2012, and in both cases the balcony was huge and cabins were same size as I had with reg. balcony. I think these cabins with extra long balconies on spirit-class use to go for the extended balcony rate, but now are listed and go for the Premium balcony rate. Others are as your said above, larger cabin and balcony, but some of these premium balconies aren't quite as big as cabins like 7258.

I prefer the "original" premiums. The cabins are beautiful! Marble vanity and sink, wood foyer entrance, larger room, larger closets, dark wood (or at least looks it) crown molding, recessed lights, large mirror behind the bed (boom chika wow wow:D), and balconies that are still plenty large enough to hold 2 chairs and 2 loungers and a table.

EDIT: for future reference, here are the original premium 9Bs: There are only SIX 9B cabins: 6277, 6279, 7299, 7301, 8235, 8237.

"premium Balcony' on the Liberty and Destiny are aft port/starboard 8a cabins that have longer balconies and regular size rooms.. they can lack a sofa, however.

The configuration is different than regular balcony cabins..usually on the deck above entertainment areas..bear that in mind when deciding which side of the ship to book. On Destiny, you were better off on the Starboard side, and on Liberty as well!

destiny.jpg.454b0a9137ac6b3c61f10de503bbda5a.jpg

libertyaft.jpg.jpg.923eb0d9d52c273b90b2660024d2d3fc.jpg

I think they must be in the process of changing the categories labels as you're the second person I've seen post something like this. I booked 7258 on the Legend just a few days ago. It was priced and listed as an extended balcony, not a premium. So that's the basis for my response. I was looking at a 9B premium balcony, but grabbed 7258 when I saw it was available. It was $500 less than the premium balconies and the same price as the other extended balconies. I'm a happy girl. :D

I'm booked in 8237 on Spirit in July. I sure hope that is a nice rm I paid alot for it...anybody know if I made a good choice or not?

They bump up to the balcony.. I hope you don't get a lot of 'overexuberant passengers' making lots of noise in the elevators.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4Koko viewpost.gif

They bump up to the balcony.. I hope you don't get a lot of 'overexuberant passengers' making lots of noise in the elevators.

[quote=BeccaBecca1713;33400553

]There's a dead space between the cabin and elevators. No noise issues.

I'm SO glad you could make sense out of what I posted..cuz I just looked at it and said.. what the hell was I trying to say in the first half of that sentence?!!! :D

Booked for 8422 on VICTORY in a few weeks. Anyone have specifics on balcony size, chairs for this category 9B room?

Thanks

from the look of the deck plans, the balcony is definately longer than a standard and the room looks bigger.

Booked for 8422 on VICTORY in a few weeks. Anyone have specifics on balcony size, chairs for this category 9B room?

Thanks

Cabin 8422 9B 185/75 sq ft

Beds: twin/king / trundle bed

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: 8418 and 8428

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Smoking permitted on balcony only

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/victory/victory.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4Koko viewpost.gif

I'm SO glad you could make sense out of what I posted..cuz I just looked at it and said.. what the hell was I trying to say in the first half of that sentence?!!! :D

That's so funny! LOL. I've done that before, too, so you're not alone! :p

The premium (9A obstructed and 9B) balcony cabins on the Spirit class ships have larger rooms as well as larger balconies. The other rooms with the huge balconies have the same size room as every other cabin. To get a larger room and balcony other than the 9A and 9B, you have to move to a suite. There are only six 9B cabins and two 9A cabins on the ship. We have a 9B booked on the Legend next year for a B2B2B in Europe for 36 days. We felt we needed more inside room especially since it will probably be too cold to use the balcony too much.

The premium (9A obstructed and 9B) balcony cabins on the Spirit class ships have larger rooms as well as larger balconies. The other rooms with the huge balconies have the same size room as every other cabin. To get a larger room and balcony other than the 9A and 9B, you have to move to a suite. There are only six 9B cabins and two 9A cabins on the ship. We have a 9B booked on the Legend next year for a B2B2B in Europe for 36 days. We felt we needed more inside room especially since it will probably be too cold to use the balcony too much.

Any chance you're on the June 21 Northern Europe itinerary? We already have a good roll call going for that one. :D

No, we're doing the Aug. 20 Baltic, Sept. 1 Norway, and Sept. 13 Ireland/Scotland itineraries. There are large roll calls for all of those and I really think the last two, especially the very last one will be full ships since there's only one of each of those.

Archived