Paris Hotel - 1st Arr or 5th Arr? Left or Right Bank of the River?

blueslily

HI all,

I will be going to Paris for my first trip to Europe ever!! I am debating between Hotel Britannique which is in the 1st Arr close to the 4th and Hotel Parc Saint-Severin which is in the 5th Arr.

They both get good reviews. I'm not sure which one to pick mostly due to the location. One is on the Left Bank and the other is across the river. Prices are very close.

I'm not sure if being on the Right Bank is less appealing than being on the Left Bank when it comes to getting to tourist attractions and enjoying Paris in the evening.

Please share your experiences, preferences, suggestions.

Thanks!!

All my trips I always stay in the 1st.As Cruisemom says...then just walk across the bridge to be on the left.The left has it's charm,but the 1st is easy access to so many attractions.No matter whare you stay...have a wonderful time!!!

All my trips I always stay in the 1st.As Cruisemom says...then just walk across the bridge to be on the left.The left has it's charm,but the 1st is easy access to so many attractions.No matter whare you stay...have a wonderful time!!!

Thanks so much! I'm very excited!

Archived