The beauty of cruising - music

BigKeith

It goes without saying that everyone on here loves cruising. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy cruising for many different reasons. I do because I love discovering new things. Lots of people on here talk about new places and new foods but not as many seem to mention the 'new music'.

I'd describe myself as a heavy rocker and whilst I don't ge too much of that on cruises I'm perfectly happy to listen to my iPod in the sun. But without crusing I can't see where I could have discovered such a wide range of music, all of which I enjoy. I quite like latin music now, love jazz, unlike some I love the reggae beats on the pool deck and I've ben able to enjoy musical numbers in the theatres.

All of these styles can be found on a single ship, I can't think of anywhere else where I could get such varieties of music.

Anyone else found a new musical style they love after cruising?

Big Keith

I've always liked a wide range of music....rap and "hip-hop"...not so much! But, almost everything else is a "go" for me. Doesn't have much to do with cruising, tho....anything from classical, to bluegrass, to rock, to R&B, to boogie, to....whatever! Love music!

In Roatan a few years ago DH and I had nothing planned, Mahogany Bay was not open yet, and we just wandered around by the shops at Coxen Hole. There was a great little three person band playing on instruments that were home made. In the mountains of Georgia (not near the ocean) there is a musician who has made a zyther with enough strings for two pianos, and he is fabulous. My Dad got me hooked on steel drum when I was about 12. I love all types of music, even the almost voodoo sounds of the islands. Kind of weird and creepy, but interesting.

Travel is a great educater, and education brings appreciation.:)

It goes without saying that everyone on here loves cruising. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy cruising for many different reasons. I do because I love discovering new things. Lots of people on here talk about new places and new foods but not as many seem to mention the 'new music'.

I'd describe myself as a heavy rocker and whilst I don't ge too much of that on cruises I'm perfectly happy to listen to my iPod in the sun. But without crusing I can't see where I could have discovered such a wide range of music, all of which I enjoy. I quite like latin music now, love jazz, unlike some I love the reggae beats on the pool deck and I've ben able to enjoy musical numbers in the theatres.

All of these styles can be found on a single ship, I can't think of anywhere else where I could get such varieties of music.

Anyone else found a new musical style they love after cruising?

Big Keith

There always seems to be at least a few that develop an appreciation for karaoke, especially after some liquid encouragement.:D

@ cb at sea

i couldn't help but notice you have over 50,000 post :eek:

by far the most i have ever seen here on CC

sorry for the interruption......now back to our thread

:)

That averages out to about 97 posts a week. Not exactly a shy person.:rolleyes:

Archived