Transportation from MCO to IC in Miami

tayzia00

Hello. I have been through all the threads and could not find the answers I'm looking for. My family will be sailing out of POM December 10, 2012. We will be flying down 2 nights prior. We booked rooms at the IC already. I found us a nice deal on a flight into MCO. We were originally going to fly into FLL and get transportation to the hotel. Does anyone know if there is a transportation serive that will take us from MCO to IC or is renting a vehicle the only option?

it is a 4 hour drive...rent a car...i THINK there might be a bus..but i wouldn't want to be stuck on a bus that long...

have you checked into flights into Ft Lauderdale or Miami?? you're going to probably negate any savings flying into MCO getting to Miami...and aside from the monetary cost, there is the pain in the rear end cost too...

there are a couple services...google is your friend....but some of them only have a couple departures each day..one leaves at like 7 AM then the next one isn't til noon.so if you arrive at 8 you're sitting around 4 hours waiting to go.....and not all leave from the airport...you'd have to get to the pick up point..

IMO rent a car and drive..depending on the cost...you've really got to do the research and the math and decide if it is worth it..plus, how many people???

There are a total of 15-16 in our party including 9 children. May just fly into FLL. It's only a few bucks more n can probably get a better price easier getting to IC

moving THAT big a crowd?? yeah, fly into FLL and look at getting a private shuttle....there are several that people suggest but i have no idea if they have large vehicles...though if you're not all arriving at the same time, you could just get smaller car services...

i think people use larry's limos and QLS and SAS.......

Don't try to move a group that big from Orlando to Miami -- the few dollars you save in airfare will evaporate compared to the hassel involved. :(

If flights to Miami are in the ballpark do that and then it is an easy $25+tip cab ride to the IC. If you fly into FLL then check with SAS (www.ridesas.com), QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), & Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) All three can shuttle you to downtown Miami for about $15+ per person (and they may offer discounts for groups, families and children ;)) - they can also shuttle you back to FLL after your cruise. The ride takes about 40 minutes or so.

Good luck! :)

With that big of a crowd you might want to look at just flying into Miami to avoid having to rent a car and drive 4 hours. Besides you would for sure have to rent more than one vehicle.

If you fly into Ft Lauderdale you still have to pay per person for a shuttle to get you to Miami and back at the end of the cruise.

Thank you to all who have replied. When my DM, 2 DS, and myself did this cruise last year we flew into FLL and were transported by QLS. I have spoken with QLS and they said it would be $25 round trip (to include transportation to and from hotel). I am speaking with the 2 airlines we may be flying with for group discounts. If they are worth it, we may end up flying into MIA directly!! I'm hoping for some good news here;)

you can play the airlines' group rates off each other too...i did that several years ago for 14 peeps to Hawaii....i called airline A and said how much...they gave me a price..called airline B and said..A will give me XXXX how about you...then i called A back and they cut me a slightly better deal..

you can play the airlines' group rates off each other too...i did that several years ago for 14 peeps to Hawaii....i called airline A and said how much...they gave me a price..called airline B and said..A will give me XXXX how about you...then i called A back and they cut me a slightly better deal..

That is exactly what I plan to do:D. I am checking group rates for 3 different airlines so we will c how it plays out;)

$25 round trip from FLL to your hotel and then back to FLL after your cruise is a good deal ;)(you will still need a bunch of taxis to get from the Holiday Inn to POM).

The $25 per person includes pick up from the hotel and drop off to POM:D

Archived