Sun Penthouse Suites

2boyzmom

Just wondering why when I put in suites for a family of four for a sailing next March I only am offered the suites at the front of the ship when it looks like there are aft suites on deck 8 and 9? I doubt they are sold out already??

Just wondering why when I put in suites for a family of four for a sailing next March I only am offered the suites at the front of the ship when it looks like there are aft suites on deck 8 and 9? I doubt they are sold out already??

All 6 are sold out of my type "SE" for 3/20. I booked almost a year ago.

My second time in 9076.

Yes, they are that special.

Sorry for you though. Hope you can try them another time.

All 6 are sold out of my type "SE" for 3/20. I booked almost a year ago.

My second time in 9076.

Yes, they are that special.

Sorry for you though. Hope you can try them another time.

Wow! Thank you. It looks like the forward suites are available. Any experience with them?

Wow! Thank you. It looks like the forward suites are available. Any experience with them?

Yes, I visited friends in the Owner's suite and one of the others. The Owner's Suite is huge and has the lavazza coffee maker and a flat screen tv. And 3 bottles of gratis liquor. On our cruise in 2009 we booked 9076 aft and when I meet the nice folks on CC who were booked in the OS, i found out they had originally booked ours but decided to switch. Iiked the OS, it was huge and has ahot tub on a huge forward balcony but it was $1,000 pp more.

There is also a penthouse forward where we visited other friends. I am sorry, but I don't remember which classification it is. Maybe someone else can jump on and help. That PH has a nice large forward balcony. Also a huge walk-in closet and big bathroom. It also has a nice dining table for 4 for insuite dining. (My suite does not have this. Darn. The only thing I wish for, besides lavazza.). As I recall, that suite does not have a separate bedroom connected by a door (like ours does), but the master bed is separated by a mirrored wood divider. I assume the sofa bed is for the other two.

I did not see the fourth and final suite configuration on the Sun. Sorry. Maybe someone else can help.

The Sun is my favorite ship so far.

I loved Il Adagio for breakfast and lunch.

Hope this helps.

Which sailing are you considering?

Yes, I visited friends in the Owner's suite and one of the others. The Owner's Suite is huge and has the lavazza coffee maker and a flat screen tv. And 3 bottles of gratis liquor. On our cruise in 2009 we booked 9076 aft and when I meet the nice folks on CC who were booked in the OS, i found out they had originally booked ours but decided to switch. Iiked the OS, it was huge and has ahot tub on a huge forward balcony but it was $1,000 pp more.

There is also a penthouse forward where we visited other friends. I am sorry, but I don't remember which classification it is. Maybe someone else can jump on and help. That PH has a nice large forward balcony. Also a huge walk-in closet and big bathroom. It also has a nice dining table for 4 for insuite dining. (My suite does not have this. Darn. The only thing I wish for, besides lavazza.). As I recall, that suite does not have a separate bedroom connected by a door (like ours does), but the master bed is separated by a mirrored wood divider. I assume the sofa bed is for the other two.

I did not see the fourth and final suite configuration on the Sun. Sorry. Maybe someone else can help.

Hope this helps.

We are considering the March 20th sailing. We just retrurned today from the Dawn 2 bedroom deluxe owners suite and am spoiled spoiled spoiled!

We are considering the March 20th sailing. We just retrurned today from the Dawn 2 bedroom deluxe owners suite and am spoiled spoiled spoiled!

There is nothing better than booking a cruise immediately after coming off another.

Aft suites can definitely sell quickly. I've also taken cruises where they've been sold out more than a year in advance.

One thing you can do is start watching every day about a month before final payment. Sometimes one will free up because someone will cancel at that point. I would just make sure that I had the best currently available stateroom booked now though.

Aft suites can definitely sell quickly. I've also taken cruises where they've been sold out more than a year in advance.

One thing you can do is start watching every day about a month before final payment. Sometimes one will free up because someone will cancel at that point. I would just make sure that I had the best currently available stateroom booked now though.

I am surprised the Sun has no 2 bedroom suites?

We had 9003 bow cabin on the Sun (penthouse). It was not particularly large. The balcony is nice, but the balcony is metal, so view is obstructed when you are sitting down.

9003 was the far port balcony. I peeked into the ones in the middle (I think there are a total of 5 in the bow), and they were far larger, with a far bigger balcony. If any of those 3 are available, go for them. While they don't have a separate bedroom, they feel somewhat divided, and could accomodate 4 nicely. (9003 is really just a large room, though it does have a great bathroom.)

(If you are sailing in warm weather, the balcony is perfectly usable even on a sea day.)

Hope this helps.

I have been looking at the SE suites for a cruise in 2014 and just wanted to clarify that there is a separate bedroom. The photo that show on the NCL website makes the cabin look like one room. Thanks.

I have been looking at the SE suites for a cruise in 2014 and just wanted to clarify that there is a separate bedroom. The photo that show on the NCL website makes the cabin look like one room. Thanks.

I can confirm 9076, 9276, and same on deck 8 & 9 have a separate bedroom. One with a door! As I cruise with my mom this was of great value to us.

AAAhhhh the SUN aft penthouse ... Oh Joy.

I too prefer Il Adagio to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch.. Its so peaceful :D

And , I too am having a hard time finding an available 9076/9276 for the comming year :(

I am surprised the Sun has no 2 bedroom suites?

There was a recent thread On this very subject. Please search for it. Very enligtening. Please see where I agreed with the OP that due to the fact there are no 2 bedroom suites that it would be prudent of NCL to make available ONLY the connecting balcony and ONLY to minor children and perhaps elderly relative who might have otherwise booked a 2 bedroom had it existed on the Sun. I suggested a small upcharge to cover perks.

In spite of this "discussion"... When we originally sailed in 9076 it was categorized as max:2, so NCL has already made an accomodation for families.

BTW, the sofa bed in the living room is small. I did give my mom the choice and she wanted the living room over the bedroom. There are 2 closets. One in the bedroom and another in the dressing area between the bedroom and bathroom.

Like I have said, this suite is close to perfect. I still long for the lavazza coffee maker (Owners suite has it) and wish it had a small dining table, but not much room for it.

That balcony is wonderful. We had up to 8 out there easily.

I couldn't agree more. I'm itching to book right now!!!

Just do it! You won't be sorry.

I booked my Sun trip for March 2012 in May 2011. In addition to a great rate I expect to receive the latitude points for booking over 9 months out. In addition, it gives me a cruise to look forward to. Don't think I will cruise in 2012, so I hope time flies by.

There was a recent thread On this very subject. Please search for it. Very enligtening. Please see where I agreed with the OP that due to the fact there are no 2 bedroom suites that it would be prudent of NCL to make available ONLY the connecting balcony and ONLY to minor children and perhaps elderly relative who might have otherwise booked a 2 bedroom had it existed on the Sun. I suggested a small upcharge to cover perks.

In spite of this "discussion"... When we originally sailed in 9076 it was categorized as max:2, so NCL has already made an accomodation for families.

BTW, the sofa bed in the living room is small. I did give my mom the choice and she wanted the living room over the bedroom. There are 2 closets. One in the bedroom and another in the dressing area between the bedroom and bathroom.

Like I have said, this suite is close to perfect. I still long for the lavazza coffee maker (Owners suite has it) and wish it had a small dining table, but not much room for it.

That balcony is wonderful. We had up to 8 out there easily.

We are currently booked in two of these aft suites, for six of us (us and both kids with boyfriends). We are likely going to upgrade one cabin to the OS, leaving one aft suite. I have sailed in both suites (aft and OS) but only used the sofa bed in the OS. Could you tell me more about the sofa bed in the aft suites? We never opened ours, as it was just two of us. The OS sofa bed is the traditional kind, folds out at least like a full sized bed, maybe a queen. How small is the aft sofa bed? Is it comfortable? We are trying to decide where the extra two people will sleep, OS or aft.. In the OS, the sofa bed should be big enough, and there is the extra half bath, but access to shower and closet would be thru our master bedroom, where in the aft suite they can access the whole bath and closet thru the living room - so we are trying to figure out the best solution.. The extra two are both adults, daughter is small 5'5", boyfriend is about 6'.. Any advice?

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We love the forward Penthouse suites on all the NCL ships, and hardly ever sail in anything else. We were in 8203 on our Sun Eastern Caribbean itinerary last year.

Love the view from the huge balcony (usually these are the biggest on the ship), love the extra space in the cabin, love being spoiled in a suite.

8203 is one of the corner suites, and is somewhat bigger than the middle ones. It is one big room, with a small sitting area, small dining area, desk and bed all sharing the main space. There is a huge walk in closet, much bigger than any other I've seen, created by the fact that this is in the rounded area at that corner of the deck. Then a larger bathroom with double sink, jacuzzi tub, and shower, and separate toilet space.

The forward balconies on the Sun do have a little more metalwork around them then some of the other ships, but I've never felt it blocked the view. It's nice that you can step back a bit and get out of the wind when you want to.

About the only negative to the cabin was a single support pole more or less right in front of the bed...obviously something to do with the structure of the ship, but kind of in the way.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the forward Penthouses.

Well- we just got off the new deluxe owners suite yetsterday and am so freakin spoiled I dont think anything can measure up to that, but I am dissapointed there are no 2 bedroom units other than the few in the aft..

Archived