Is the Allure not sailing?

After reading the thread about Rita's Cantina being changed over to a Margaritaville next year, I hopped over to the RCCL website to see if she is scheduled to dock at all next year to allow for this type of refurbishment (I realize she's not scheduled for a full dry dock for some time). I see that she is sailing next year on Feb 3-10 as usual and again Feb 17-24 as usual, but the week in-between she is only scheduled for a 3 day cruise. There are four days unaccounted for. Now, she could have been privately chartered (EXPENSIVE!), but what if she is docked for cosmetic refurbishments for those four days?

If that IS the case, what do you think will be changed? Just Rita's? Or do you think other restaurants could get the boot, too? How about Chicago? If Allure's inaugural cruise was Feb 9th of 2010, that would put the show at exactly 3 years old. Isn't that the length of the original contract? I do know they have the option to extend an additional 2 years, but do you think they would take advantage of the time in dock to change the show? How about other shows?

Just curious at what YOU think they would change on board if they are indeed docking for those four days....

After reading the thread about Rita's Cantina being changed over to a Margaritaville next year, I hopped over to the RCCL website to see if she is scheduled to dock at all next year to allow for this type of refurbishment (I realize she's not scheduled for a full dry dock for some time). I see that she is sailing next year on Feb 3-10 as usual and again Feb 17-24 as usual, but the week in-between she is only scheduled for a 3 day cruise. There are four days unaccounted for. Now, she could have been privately chartered (EXPENSIVE!), but what if she is docked for cosmetic refurbishments for those four days?

If that IS the case, what do you think will be changed? Just Rita's? Or do you think other restaurants could get the boot, too? How about Chicago? If Allure's inaugural cruise was Feb 9th of 2010, that would put the show at exactly 3 years old. Isn't that the length of the original contract? I do know they have the option to extend an additional 2 years, but do you think they would take advantage of the time in dock to change the show? How about other shows?

Just curious at what YOU think they would change on board if they are indeed docking for those four days....

I'm on her march 3rd so I hope not too much change

I'm on her march 3rd so I hope not too much change

I'm on her the 24th.....I got nervous reading those dates!!! Although I wouldn't mind Margaritaville. We always seem to end up at one on every trip any way. And for some reason we always feel that it's necessary to bring the glasses home!!! We've got quite the collection going and they must be pretty sturdy since we haven't broken one yet.

And also, they RARELY ever change any of the shows on the ships.

Don't expect to see a major production show such as Chicago on Allure or Hairspray on Oasis change anytime soon. The cost of mounting such shows makes it necessary for them to continue showing them for several years, certainly not for such a short time as three years. Even on the other ships in the fleet,shows of lesser caliber than those two continue to be performed for a minimum of several years. :)

I agree that the more likely explanation for the apparent gap in the ship's itinerary for those days, is a private charter.

I think there is a charter cruise on the 4 days that are not available to book. That is why Allure has a 3 day cruise open.

It that is true then why not do a 3 day Nassau cruise? They don't like these ships to sit around empty for no reason.

Archived