Long Beach and Disneyland

hannahsmomtoo

Can someone tell me how far Long Beach is fron Disneyland?

Having never been to California - I am thinking of suprising my daughter with a Disney day after the cruise before returning home.. Just not sure if it is close enough to get a taxi to a hotel and then to Disneyland .. close enough proximity to do in a day?

Thanks ! :o

Having never been to California - I am thinking of suprising my daughter with a Disney day after the cruise before returning home.. Just not sure if it is close enough to get a taxi to a hotel and then to Disneyland .. close enough proximity to do in a day?

Hey there! My hubby & I cruised out of Long Beach after a few days in Disneyland last fall. We took a shuttle from a hotel right next to Disneyland and I seem to recall it took like 30-45 minutes drive time. Of course, I was thankful for the driver, I don't enjoy navigating in large cities that I've never visited before. Are you flying home that day or are you staying the night? The ticket cost is pretty pricey for a few hours, so I'd recommend staying over if you plan to visit Mickey. :) Have fun!

Hey there! My hubby & I cruised out of Long Beach after a few days in Disneyland last fall. We took a shuttle from a hotel right next to Disneyland and I seem to recall it took like 30-45 minutes drive time. Of course, I was thankful for the driver, I don't enjoy navigating in large cities that I've never visited before. Are you flying home that day or are you staying the night? The ticket cost is pretty pricey for a few hours, so I'd recommend staying over if you plan to visit Mickey. :) Have fun!

Thank you - that helps.. ( and we would definitely stay an extra day )

We did this a few years ago. We did 8 days at Disney first, then took a shuttle over to Long Beach. It's about 30-45 minutes depending on traffic. We boarded the Splendor on Sunday, and there wasn't much traffic until you got closer to the port area.

We used Super Shuttle. You have to call them because going from Disney to the port isn't an option online, but they do it.

If you're flying in, there's also a grocery delivery service. It was through Safeway if I remember right. That way you can order the things you want to take with you on the cruise. They'll even deliver alcohol, but Disney makes you be there when they accept delivery so they can verify your age eligibility. We stayed at the Grand Californian...

Hope this helps!

Shawn

Let me give you my .02, having cruised out of Long Beach, AND as a cast member at disneyland..

WHEN are you looking to do this? That will give me some idea of what to tell you about park hours and whether you can actually do the parks in a day. May-Sept, Disneyland is normally open until Midnight, and Calif Adventure is open until 10pm. So if you got off the ship, and got into a shuttle (try supershuttle), you can get to a hotel and still be at the park by noonish. That would give you pretty close to 11 hours or so to explore the parks. If you are just going to do Disneyland, that will give you more than enough time to see most of the park. Make use of FAST PASS on the 'big' rides while you're there!! If you want to do both parks, you are going to be more limited to what you decide are "must do" things, but World of Color in Calif Adv is pretty cool.. Fireworks happen each night, and the music for them is played in both parks, so you'll get the full effect either way. Make sure to go to the Disneyland website and print out a map and decide what you want to do beforehand, as that will make it a lot easier, too..

Any other questions?? :D

You might want to use a search engine and look up a site that contains the words mouse and save. This site has a lot of info that might be useful to you and even discount tickets (not much of a discount, but it is better than nothing). I think that site does contain info on cruising too. I personally would stay closer to the resort rather than LB, you can find some good deals online. There are a lot of hotels within walking distance of the entrance. Depending on traffic, the 30-45 minutes is about correct from LB. Good luck and have fun with the mouse.

Another locals opinion....YES, take the time to go Disneyland. You and your daughter will love it! Like that needs to be said :o We live near Pasadena, CA and depending on traffic/day of week or weekend/time of day will determine drive time. I can't imagine coming here and not visiting the park. Go for it! I agree Super Shuttle is a great idea...much better than a taxi ride. Enjoy..:p

Archived