Sun bow suite room divider?

2boyzmom

Is there some sort of divider in these cabins? It looks like they are all different and the webpage shows a "door", but others have said curtains. We booked cabin 9003.

One of the problems with the NCL website. The picture shows an SG bow suite, the floor plan shows an SE aft suite. The SF we saw was only one large room, but hopefully someone who has been in your exact suite can tell you for sure.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there some sort of divider in these cabins? It looks like they are all different and the webpage shows a "door", but others have said curtains. We booked cabin 9003.

Ok, I just went to "that site I am not allowed to name on CC" and looked at photos. Doesn't specifically say 9003 but other xx03. I see a set of doors, like in my 9076, not solid, some glass panels, but real honest-to-goodness doors.

Ok, I just went to "that site I am not allowed to name on CC" and looked at photos. Doesn't specifically say 9003 but other xx03. I see a set of doors, like in my 9076, not solid, some glass panels, but real honest-to-goodness doors.

Excellent idea, I hadn't thought of that! So I went to the website I thought you were talking about and saw pics of 9003, not 9203.. I think we were looking at different sites.. Is yours the one that you pay a small amount for lifetime membership that posts passenger pictures of the cabins? In the pics I am seeing of 9003, there are no dividers shown at all, no curtains, no doors - the cabin with the pole at the end of the bed.. Now I am even more confused...

I highly recommend for anyone who cruises at least two or three times in their lifetime to join the aforementioned website to get very specific pictures of specific suites. The cost was minimal ($9.99 for one year, $24.99 for lifetime) and I have referred to it over and over throughout the years. It covers all cruiselines that I can see. The downside is that you don't know how old some of the pictures are, so you don't know if upgrades/updates have been made to many of the cabins since the pics were taken. Not sure if we can post the website name here, so if anyone would like the name, drop me an email at Fishbait17@aol.com and I will gladly send you the name..

Robin

Excellent idea, I hadn't thought of that! So I went to the website I thought you were talking about and saw pics of 9003, not 9203.. I think we were looking at different sites.. Is yours the one that you pay a small amount for lifetime membership that posts passenger pictures of the cabins? In the pics I am seeing of 9003, there are no dividers shown at all, no curtains, no doors - the cabin with the pole at the end of the bed.. Now I am even more confused...

I highly recommend for anyone who cruises at least two or three times in their lifetime to join the aforementioned website to get very specific pictures of specific suites. The cost was minimal ($9.99 for one year, $24.99 for lifetime) and I have referred to it over and over throughout the years. It covers all cruiselines that I can see. The downside is that you don't know how old some of the pictures are, so you don't know if upgrades/updates have been made to many of the cabins since the pics were taken. Not sure if we can post the website name here, so if anyone would like the name, drop me an email at Fishbait17@aol.com and I will gladly send you the name..

Robin

Hi- I joined that website yesterday and did not locate the specific cabin 9003. I am so confused at this point. The pics on NCL are not correct according to some cruise critic posters. All the bow cabins are configured differently. But for all the extra money I am paying for this cabin I hope there is some type of divider for the four of us :(

I searched the web for more pictures of Sun suite 9003 and couldn't find much. I did find this old thread on cruise critic:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=146468

It has a link to pictures of 9003, but it didn't work for me.. There are some better specific cabin descriptions though.

Wish I could help you out more!

Robin

Hi- I joined that website yesterday and did not locate the specific cabin 9003. I am so confused at this point. The pics on NCL are not correct according to some cruise critic posters. All the bow cabins are configured differently. But for all the extra money I am paying for this cabin I hope there is some type of divider for the four of us :(

Hmmmm.. Is it called cruise deck plans dot com? If so, as soon as you get to site, click the login button on the left hand side and log in. Then, on the top of page, hover over Norwegian, then click on Norwegian Sun. It will bring up a page with cabin descriptions, etc, on the right side. You will see there the SF/SG Penthouse, click on the word "Penthouse". If you are logged in, you will then see a link "Click for Stateroom Pics". If you click there, another screen will pop up with the pictures, each one labeled with suite number. I only see one set of pictures for 9003 and none for 9203. They are definitely there! Let me know if you still can't find them...

The problem with both NCL website and these other sites is that they combine SF and SG into the "Penthouse" category together, then show pictures from one type and floorplans from the other.. Grrrr. If they would simply separate them and put pictures and floorplans of each, a lot of this issue would be solved!

Robin

Yes, think we are talking same. The one with some free info but I bought a lifetime at $13.99 several years ago.

That is how I was sold on 9076 on the Sun. I too really wanted a door. I travel with my mom and she is a night owl and late sleeper and I am the opposite.

I broke my laptop so I was searching for pictutes last night on my iphone. Not the easiest.

Robin

Yes, think we are talking same. The one with some free info but I bought a lifetime at $13.99 several years ago.

That is how I was sold on 9076 on the Sun. I too really wanted a door. I travel with my mom and she is a night owl and late sleeper and I am the opposite.

I broke my laptop so I was searching for pictutes last night on my iphone. Not the easiest.

I wanted an aft cabin or owner suite but they are booked :( This is Easter breask so the kids are off so we can only do this time period.

Off topic, sorry.. Donna, I had asked you on another thread that died out and was buried: Could you tell me more about the sofa bed in the aft suites (you mentioned it was small?)? We have booked an aft and an OS for six of us on an upcoming cruise. Basically three couples; Us, daughters and boyfriends. We have sailed in both suites but only used the sofabed in the OS. Trying to decide which cabin to put the extra two people in.

Pros for quad occupancy aft suite: Full bathroom and closet access from both bedroom and living room. Plus Mom and Dad have their own cabin ;). Cons: Only one toilet, sink. Sofabed size and comfort?

Pros of quad occupancy OS: More room, extra half bath. Large sofabed (at least full, maybe queen?) Cons: Access to main bathroom and closet through master bedroom.

Both have balcony access from both bedroom and living room, so that's a wash. Given that the rooms are so far apart, I would rather decide now than to haul luggage all over the ship. "Extra couple" (either daughter with boyfriend) are between 5'5" and 5'7" (daughters) and 6' to 6'4" (boyfriends). Any advice would be sincerely appreciated!

Robin

Robin, I am sorry I missed your question previously. You know I love my Sun aft. It is great. But I do remember when we had it in 2009 it had a max of 2. Now it is max 4. I just don't see two adults on that sofa bed. I felt bad for my mom on it, as it is so small - until she reminded me she sleeps on a twin bed in her apartment.

I would def make the OS the quad. For several reasons. The closet is more open, the living room is larger, etc.

I take it that your group is 3 couples? Don't want to do 3 and 3?

I had offered my mom a trade halfway through our cruise (it was 14 nights) but she was happy in the living room.

It may seem like the rooms are far away from each other but the Sun is a compact little cutie!

I want to add that the Sun has had a drydock since I sailed and there is a chance the sofa bed in the aft suite has been changed, but I don't think so, based on what I've read. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Also, in this age of digital photography and technology it is an absolute puzzlement to me why any cruiseline does not have images of any and all accomodation types and styles accessible for pax to make informed decisions. NCL, are you listening?

Thanks Donna, you reinforced what I was thinking.. Wasn't sure how that aft sofa bed opens, all I remember is how HARD it was to sit on lol.. I am guessing it's a fold-down instead of the pull-out in the OS. Haven't seen any pics of either suite post dry dock, but I do know they finally added lavazza or saeco to the OS (thank goodness!). We will put one daughter and BF in with us and make them switch off halfway thru the cruise to make it fair.. Now, if they would only upsell us to the OTHER OS, all problems would be solved ;)..

Robin

We had 8203 on our Sun cruise (other corner the deck below), and I would imagine the layout is the same in all four corner cabins.

We had no divider between the bed and the rest of the room. There were curtains to close off the bed area, I think - but we never used them.

Thanks Donna, you reinforced what I was thinking.. Wasn't sure how that aft sofa bed opens, all I remember is how HARD it was to sit on lol.. I am guessing it's a fold-down instead of the pull-out in the OS. Haven't seen any pics of either suite post dry dock, but I do know they finally added lavazza or saeco to the OS (thank goodness!). We will put one daughter and BF in with us and make them switch off halfway thru the cruise to make it fair.. Now, if they would only upsell us to the OTHER OS, all problems would be solved ;)..

Robin

Robin - In 2/09 the Sun OS did have the Lavazza. Our aft PH did not. That was a loss as I love my coffee.

• 1 month later...
Robin - In 2/09 the Sun OS did have the Lavazza. Our aft PH did not. That was a loss as I love my coffee.

I know you directed this question to Robin, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the ring. :p When we sailed in the OS on the Sun in 2009, it did have a Lavazza machine. Can remember which OS we were in by room number, but it was the one on the port side.

We were in 9003 recently. Here is the report I wrote:

--------------------Begin quote from report

Reporting back:

9003 is a well sized room, with a really large and spacious bathroom, including a dressing area, walk in closet and large jetted tub (plus a small but more than adequate shower with great water pressure).

There is a pole in the room, but it fits well with the furniture and was not a negative at all.

The balcony is large - but roughly 1/5th of it - the side closest to the water - is "enclosed" - so the view is very partially obstructed. We actually did not mind this feature - it meant a good shady area to pull in a chair, and also provided wind shelter.

Although this cabin is under the bridge, you really are not in view of the officers on the bridge (unlike the Dawn bow cabins, which are completely exposed).

I did manage a peek into several other 9 bow cabins. The one second in has a balcony roughly 1/3 bigger, and that balcony is fully open (no partial obstruction). Also, even though the deck plans make the bedroom look smaller than 9003, in fact it appeared larger (and no pole). If I were to go back, I would pick this room over 9003.

Also looked into the center room - this has a bit of an awkward layout, with a divider between the bed and the hallway making the space feel small. Additionally, the TV is in the divider, facing the bed - in the other rooms, the TV was in a more typical wall console, and the viewing area was more from the couch/open space. In my opinion, this would be the "worst" of the 3 layouts I was able to see. (But still pretty nice!).

There is a large flat screen TV in this category room, but no fancy coffee machine (I don't think it would fit into the built in space).

We had a marvelous room steward, Hassan. Butler Theresa was helpful, but we didn't really use her services. Concierge Luiggi is terrific.

Happy to answer any questions.

-----------End of quoted

Here is the link to the entire thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439420

To clarify my report, I thought that cabins 9002 and 9202 were the most desirable even though they looked the worst on the deckplan.

Archived