Reykjavik, Iceland Worthwhile to Visit?

twopats

We are considering a cruise that includes visiting Iceland and a stop at the Faroe Island. Anyone who has done this itinerary, which includes four Norway ports, feel it is worthwhile? There is a choice between the 11 ay cruise, including the above, or an 8 day cruise just visiting Norway. We are trying to figure out which to take as we do want to visit Norway. Thanks for any help you can give us. Trish

We spent a week in Iceland on a land tour seven years ago. This included two overnight stays in Reykjavik. It is quite easy to walk around the city and Iceland is a beautiful country to say the least. An excursion to a glacier, volcano, hot springs, (etc., etc.) would be worthwhile. Be advised that everything is very expensive (eg. most food) as it must be imported. If you venture into a restaurant, be prepared for sticker/menu shock!:eek:

I loved Iceland and can't wait to go back! I would love to spend a week there. I don't know so much about Reykjavik itself, we saw the countryside. The island itself is fascinating from a geological point of view, it sits on top of the mid-atlantic ridge. I would say don't miss it!

I agree. We went on a two day stop-over on Iceland Air. It has a wonderful stark beauty with clean air. Be sure to go to the Blue Lagoon which has to be one of the world's largest hot tubs.

Take the great circle tour to see their interesting geology and to learn about how Iceland uses their thermo-electric power.

Their banks crashed in 2008 or so and I am not sure what has happened to their cost of living since then.

Archived