Weather forecast - N. Atlantic - April

dfwguy

Preparing for next week's crossing and wondering about the weather. I've googled temps -North Atlantic and can easily find water temp-but, sadly no air temp. Does anyone know the N. Atlantic air temps forecast for next 10 days? What I am really asking is- do I need to pack a heavy coat or will a light Spring jacket suffice? Thanks for the replies.

Preparing for next week's crossing and wondering about the weather. I've googled temps -North Atlantic and can easily find water temp-but, sadly no air temp. Does anyone know the N. Atlantic air temps forecast for next 10 days? What I am really asking is- do I need to pack a heavy coat or will a light Spring jacket suffice? Thanks for the replies.

This is for travelling eastbound. There will be a surprisingly intense storm in the Northeast US from Sunday into Tuesday. Heavy snow is likely in the West Virginia/Virginia/Pennsylvania mountain areas. Heavy rain to the east. There will be showers in the North Atlantic with temps in the 40's to 50's. A light rain coat & fairly heavy regular coat would be in order. Weather here is not pleasant on average at this time of year. The ship will experience some fairly heavy seas. If the weather is particularly rough, the capitan will close the decks to walking. Enjoy what the ship has to offer indoors.

I think that the interest is in the temps whilst at sea, not once landed. I've looked in the past and have only found sea temps as well, not air ones. Anyone know of a web site with that information?

Of course, all my TA's have been in the cooler months, so there has never been a question about warm clothing.

Thanks.

Archived