Pre-cruise hotel and transfer options?

eblackberry

We just booked our first Disney Fantasy sailing the first week of August. We will be flying in to Orlando MCO late at 8:40pm the day before.

We've heard about the Fly Snooze and Cruise package. Does anybody knows if there is an extra charge for late shuttle to Port Canaveral?

Or is it better to stay at the hotel near the airport and use the DCL transfer to the ship?

TIA!

We just booked our first Disney Fantasy sailing the first week of August. We will be flying in to Orlando MCO late at 8:40pm the day before.

We've heard about the Fly Snooze and Cruise package. Does anybody knows if there is an extra charge for late shuttle to Port Canaveral?

Or is it better to stay at the hotel near the airport and use the DCL transfer to the ship?

TIA!

there was just another post asking pretty much the same thing as you so i am posting the link for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1617237

Hope it helps

Bill

Flying in from CA is a long day--I fly LAX or SFO/OAK to MCO once a quarter, ugh. By the time you get off the plane, get to the main terminal, and get your luggage it will be at least 9:30. Just call it a night, stay at the Hyatt right in the airport, and take the DCL shuttle in the morning. As long as the Hyatt knows you are cruising on DCL and taking their shuttle, they will even handle your bags from your room to the ship.

You can check in at the airport in the morning and be on one of the first buses to the port that way as well.

I stayed at the Hyatt in December with my family of ten. The Hyatt handles cruise guests a lot and they direct you to where u will pick up the shuttle in the morning. Everything runs smooth.

Thanks. So sounds like Hyatt is a good choice and for the convenience. Since we don't have kids, I'm thinking if we should go with priceline or hotwire to save money? (My husband doesn't like that idea. He doesn't trust their hotel rating system due to bad past experiences.)

Any suggestions on the DCL transfer or Travelynx?

There's no guarantee you'd get the Hyatt on Priceline. For two people in my opinion I'd just book the Hyatt and use the DCL transfers to keep it simple. It's not worth saving a few bucks otherwise.

There's no guarantee you'd get the Hyatt on Priceline. For two people in my opinion I'd just book the Hyatt and use the DCL transfers to keep it simple. It's not worth saving a few bucks otherwise.

We just returned from the second sailing of the Fantasy. Stayed at the Hyatt and checked in at the airport. Got all checkin done and photos taken, were second in line at 8:15 and on the first bus with a number to board of first group. Couldn't have had a better experience with Hyatt or Disney transfer. Would HIGHLY recommend it.

Thanks. So sounds like Hyatt is a good choice and for the convenience. Since we don't have kids, I'm thinking if we should go with priceline or hotwire to save money? (My husband doesn't like that idea. He doesn't trust their hotel rating system due to bad past experiences.)

Any suggestions on the DCL transfer or Travelynx?

I used Travelynx in December. They are great. If You stay at the Hyatt, they will meet u in the valet entrance to hotel. U take elevator to valet level and your ride will be there. They stopped at target store outside the port so my wife could get some last minute items. On the return back to the airport, the Travelynx rep at the port called my cell phone and told me they would be waiting at the port to take us to airport. Highly recommend.

Archived