HELP! Bed Configuration: Non-converting Twins

Iamthesea

Lynn, re cultural interpretations --- when I discovered that our beds were separate on a recent cruise and asked the steward to put them together, he mentioned to me that since our nametag said Mr. Boothman and Ms. Boothman, he assumed we were brother and sister. I don't normally use Ms. and don't really know how that got in the system, but just another instance of how room stewards have to make a decision based on what they know at the time. I'm certainly not being critical -- just thought it was cute, similar to someone assuming that a Dr. must be a man.

Great. I wonder what the cabin steward will think about me and my boyfriend. I'm listed as Mrs. Smith (even though I'm not married, and Smith is my maiden name), and my boyfriend as Mr. Guerra. I hope the steward doesn't think we're having a torrid extra-marital affair! =)

We're having the same problem with non converting twins, for our cruise this coming Saturday, on the Golden Princess. We had booked a GTY & just got our cabin assigned. I have an email in to our TA since yesterday, but have not heard back. Good to hear it's probably a glitch in the Princess website, or we'll just have the steward push the beds together.

Minette

We're having the same problem with non converting twins, for our cruise this coming Saturday, on the Golden Princess. We had booked a GTY & just got our cabin assigned. I have an email in to our TA since yesterday, but have not heard back. Good to hear it's probably a glitch in the Princess website, or we'll just have the steward push the beds together.

If it makes you feel any better, we booked a Guarantee for for the Sapphire Princess in November, and we've already been assigned a room. The cruise personalizer also tells us that it is a room with "non convertable twins." It seems like it's a very common problem. And since our room is not set up for 3 or 4 people, I would find it very hard to believe that it really did have non converting twins.

Try checking the deckplans of your ship. I believe that any room with non converting beds will say so. If yours says nothing of the sort, you should have a 2 twins/queen configuration.

Have you tried calling Princess directly? I've heard that some people have had luck doing that. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry. The worst that would happen is that you get there, and your beds haven't been converted. Just ask your cabin steward to put them together, and you're all set!

Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks Dani.

My TA got back to me this AM. Told me it was because we booked GTY. She changed it anyway on the personalizer for us.

I just checked the personalizer & we were also upgraded from a BF on Emerald Deck to a BC on Baja. I know my TA had something to do with it. I'll have to send here an email, to thank her.

Minette

I had the same problem. I called Princess yesterday and they told me to have my TA change it. I advised him and he took care of it. Now my Personalizer shows Queen Bed. If you can get it fixed ahead of time without a lot of effort, I'd do it, and print out your Personalizer info to take with you.

Archived