Enchanment 4/16-We deserved better!!!!

What happened to our lovely Concierge Lounge thread? THIS ONE hangs around forever, and THAT ONE, fun fun fun, disappears? :D

You can post to that thread. Go on, do it. You know you want to.:D

Hey I'm in good company, right?;)

Bill I almost fell into it as well...........but decided to read the LAST 3 pages before biting..........:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by StknCPA

You can post to that thread. Go on, do it. You know you want to.

She did early this morning,....

Thanks a lot, now I need to read what thread you all are talking about. Hey, its a least a way to pass the time until August 17th.

Well, I for one, think that we should demand that Cruise Critic post a prominent disclaimer stating: "Warning, some threads appearing on this board may be old and may have been revived for the sole purpose of conning you into responding to an issue whose validity was questionable when it was originally posted over two years ago". Laura, aren't we due some form of compensation because of our gullibility?:confused:

I'm wondering how I missed getting sucked into this one when it originally appeared.;)

Well, I for one, think that we should demand that Cruise Critic post a prominent disclaimer stating: "Warning, some threads appearing on this board may be old and may have been revived for the sole purpose of conning you into responding to an issue whose validity was questionable when it was originally posted over two years ago". Laura, aren't we due some form of compensation because of our gullibility?:confused:

I'm wondering how I missed getting sucked into this one when it originally appeared.;)

Bill........sometimes you just shake your head and move on........probably what we all did.:)

Well considering your cruise fare pays for passage on the cruise ship, not visiting the ports, I would say a $200 credit is pretty good. Will bet my last buck that that 200 is WAY more than the port charges for the missed port.

Captain calls the shots, and if for some unforseen reason, he needed to head back to home port, than that is what he does. I am pretty sure you would be calling it the other way around if he chose to go on to the port and then something happened with the ship making it more difficult or impossible to return.

FC, :D

Jungle85, Would you explore a little mathematics discussion with me? It is approximately 250 nautical miles from Ocho Rios to Grand Cayman. At 20 knots that is approximately 12.5 hours. It (Grand Cayman) is further from the original port (Ft. Lauderdale) than it is from Ocho Rios, Jamaica to Ft Lauderdale. So if they had gone to Grand Cayman, you would have have to at least the time from sailing back from Jamaica probably more time. In other words if it took no additional time you would have gotten back to the port 6.5 hours late. This is still assuming that you didn't actually get off the ship in Grand Cayman. If we add a 6 hour stop, now you are at a minimum of 12.5 hours late getting back to port. One other little note. I am making the assumption that with the engine problems you were experiencing that 20 knots is not possible for the trip to and from Grand Cayman. So even if it is just 10% slower than 20 knots that would add another hour or two to the trip to and from Ocho Rios. Final guesstimate of something on the order of 16 to 18 hours late returning to port.

I hope this helps you understand the reason why the captain missed Grand Cayman. Do you further realize that Grand Cayman is a tender port and it is one of the most missed ports in the Caribbean? Just another thing to consider.:cool:

jc

UNDERSTAND? I am even more confused. I never was very good at "story problems". But you may have a future with NASA!

kathy

Archived