Oceanview Cabin on the Gem

Cruzinnana47

We're booked for the 10-day Canada itinerary in Sept. on the Gem from NYC. Usually book a balcony, but this time decided to save some $$ and went with an oceanview (deck 8). If anyone has been in one of these, what can we expect? It's just the 2 of us.

TIA!;)

Actually, when I pointed out to my DH that the Blue Lagoon AND Moderno are located on Deck 8, he was very happy to learn that. ;)

We don't have an obstructed view (from what I understand), but a picture window OV Aft, so think this will work out fine for us, especially as we are headed NORTH this time. Don't think we'd miss a balcony as much as we would if we were cruising to the Caribbean or Panama Canal.

Just wondered if anyone who has had an AFT OV on the Gem found it roomy enough with adequate storage.

I traveled in an OV stateroom on the Gem in 2010 with a friend and we really liked it. I would have preferred a balcony, but we had a back-to-back itinerary totaling 14 days and they wanted an extra $700 pp for a balcony. Instead, I purchased the spa pass and had a nice area to relax and shower. Other friends had a balcony stateroom and actually preferred our layout. Here are a few photos:

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0145-1.jpg

Archived