Weight watchers

Cruisin'Kim

Is there anyone out there just starting to lose for their cruise with WW? I'm a lifetime member, but definitely not at goal right now!

We're cruising next January, starting my journey tomorrow - would like to be down 25lbs so that I can do some serious bathing suit shopping!!

I'm losing with WW online this time, would love to have some company to weigh in!! :)

Hi! I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs by July when my sister who has recently lost a lot of weight comes down from Chicago....sibling rivelry never ends!

My favorite snack would probably be a bran bar, or a baked apple with a pinch of brown sugar. I'm going to start eating a lot of fruit for snacks since they are zero points now.

Breakfast is usually fruit and yogurt, a boiled egg and a whole wheat English muffin on te week-end.

I really like the weight watcher frozen meals for lunch. For supper my husband is really good about cooking weight watcher recipes with me, it's just a matter of having the time to decide on the recipe! :rolleyes:

Weight watchers has lots of great recipes, I just find that we have to do quite a bit of shopping to make most of them.

What day are you currently weighing in on?

I do on line only. I only have 10 pounds or so to go but would love to stretch it to 15. Breakfast is either oatmeal or fruit and yogurt. I do really like one of the frozen health choice meals for lunch. Snack is either fruit or a fiber one bar. Dinner is vegetables and salad and some fish. I don't eat beef, checken or pork. Everyday is a struggle.

I'm still on the fence with the points plus, I guess it's because I've lost quite a bit of weight previously on the old points program....

Started a challenge with 3 women I work with today, we each put $25.00 in the pot. The one that loses the most in 8 weeks wins $100.00! I figure I'll buy a nice outfit if I've lost enough weight that I have won! :-)

I figure even if I don't win it's motivating me to stay on track.

I have issues with exercise now, I've always been a jogger, but my knees have pretty well side lined me. I just tried a new exercise program tonight that I'd bought awhile ago for play station. It seemed like a good workout without killing my knees. We'll see what happens.

Keep on trucking!

• 3 weeks later...
I did very well on the old program (around 40 pounds) and lost minimal weight with Points Plus.

I am on WW and I use the old program because it just works better for me. My WW leader wanted me to give it more time, but I just did not lose. I am happy and doing well on the old method.

:)

I lost well over 40 lbs on the old system. The weight has crept back up to my usual set point, but at least not to the all time high. I tried point plus a few years ago, but didn't lose and I think I actually gained:eek:. I am trying again online. I have never gone to meetings as I live too far away and I haven't the spare time to go. So far I have lost 6 lbs. (3 weeks into the program)

I have several workout programs that I like... just need to do them:rolleyes:. what I am doing is walking to and from off site parking at work which is on a slight incline, and gradually increasing the number of flights of stairs I take ( my unit is on the 9th floor!). I am up to 2 flights without dying. I think this week I will try 3 flights. I will probably stop at 5 flights due to time constraints, unless I get to the point where I can run!!

I also stopped drinking diet cola. After 30 plus years I was up to drinking 8 or more cans a day. Coffee is my new friend! FF half and half and truvia make it drinkable for me. I drink lots of water all day long, with the help of Mio flavoring or instant iced tea.

My breakfast is usually a boiled egg and one piece of healthy life wheat toast.

Lunch varies at home, but at work I take a container of stir fry veggies ( frozen) and 3 0z of grilled chicken cubes (Tyson). This is 3 credits. I take light mozzarella string cheese, an orange and banana and a container of yoplait greek yogurt. This gets me through my 14+ hour day.

At home for dinner I have a turkey blt on healthy life bread and pretzels or light chips. Desert if I have it is a low sodium coffee cake I make or a ww chocolate chip cookie. I might have soup with 2 credits of crackers instead of the BLT. I need to mix up my menu a little more. We do go out once a week for dinner, but I always track what I eat and have been staying on my points with only using a few weekly points. I try to keep those to account for any miscalculations.

My new favorite snack is light swiss laughing cow cheese wedges and wasa crisps . one wedge and 3 crackers is 2 credits.

Ok, sorry that is so long... no one around here wants to hear about dieting!

We are going on Jewel of the seas 10/21 New England/Canada. so I hope I can get into some of my lighter fall clothes by then and will be shopping the online outlets and clearances.

Hi everyone, I've been reading your thread with interest. I too lost 62lbs. on the "old" Weight Watchers plan in 2000 & 2001 and want to re join after my hip replacement surgery next month. I've heard about this Points Plus and get mail all the time from WW to rejoin. What's the difference now between the two programs??? Why do you think the old program works better than the new one??? I really don't want to put out all that $$$ on something week after week that isn't that beneficial anymore. Thanks for the info. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I've been reading your thread with interest. I too lost 62lbs. on the "old" Weight Watchers plan in 2000 & 2001 and want to re join after my hip replacement surgery next month. I've heard about this Points Plus and get mail all the time from WW to rejoin. What's the difference now between the two programs??? Why do you think the old program works better than the new one??? I really don't want to put out all that $$$ on something week after week that isn't that beneficial anymore. Thanks for the info. :)

The new program has more emphasis on fruits and vegetables. I think most fruits were free. My physician assistant said that the sugar in fruit could be the problem.

I am looking at other programs such as Nutrisystem and Medifast. So far I haven't started though!:)

I guess you could give WW a try and see how it works for you. For some people the tracking and weekly weigh-in could be a big help.

I have been a life time member for 6 years, and I do weigh in every month. The new points plus is different, but basically I think more points for the same foods, but more overall points are allowed. I bought the new points calculator and that helps, I don't write everything down anymore (but I did when losing) But I do keep a running total in my head. I am trying to lose 5 more lbs before our August cruise ( need a cushion). For exercise I walked 3 times a week for 2-4 miles. Good luck to everyone.

Archived