Help with Hamburg

I'm calling on Globalizer and anyone else who can give me some insight on what to do while we're in port in Hamburg. We're there on a Sunday aboard the Golden Princess and will have from 6 am until 6 am the next morning. It will be myself, my husband, and our 3 teens, 13, 15 and 17. I'm looking for some great things to do with the kids during the day and then some places to visit at night. Any suggestions on what not to miss, great places to eat, beer halls, etc would be very, very welcome. I've been having a hard time finding information on Hamburg for some reason.

Thanks everyone.

Carolyn

I've posted this in response to you on the other thread, but this is just in case anyone looks here first.

I can't claim to be an expert on Hamburg, but here are two online tools with which I always try to start my research:- Fodor's and Frommer's. I'm sure that you can find lots of interesting things just from these two sites, and they will give you more ideas and lead you to more information.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

Hi Carolyn,

if you want to get up early on a sunday, the best idea is to go to the fish market (Fischmarkt) by cab. This is a kind of a large flea market where you can get everything from ducks to t-shirts. In the old fish auction hall you will find a good breakfast and Jazz or rock music. The market closes around 11 am.

Later I recommand a harbour tour from St. Pauli Landungsbruecken.

The city is not interesting on sundays.

When will you come to Hamburg? Will it be July 17th on the Golden Princess?

If you like, I could be your guide in Hamburg and we could do a tour by Hamburg and surrounding (f.e. Luebeck). I have a van for seven persons.

Regards

Peter

Archived