Manhatten terminal parking - Disney cruise

mommabelle

How is the parking situation, i.e. number of cars accessability etc. when 1 Disney cruise is returning and the same cruise is leaving on the same day? My question related to June 15th Disney Magic cruises. The parking opens at 9 am - so we would like to be there as early as possible, even though the terminal doiesn't open until 11ish. Does this create havoc with 2 criuses worth of people in the same area at the same time? I guess I just need to know if I plan on getting there around 9:30 or 10am - Will I be able to park easily at the terminal?

How is the parking situation, i.e. number of cars accessability etc. when 1 Disney cruise is returning and the same cruise is leaving on the same day? My question related to June 15th Disney Magic cruises. The parking opens at 9 am - so we would like to be there as early as possible, even though the terminal doiesn't open until 11ish. Does this create havoc with 2 criuses worth of people in the same area at the same time? I guess I just need to know if I plan on getting there around 9:30 or 10am - Will I be able to park easily at the terminal?

it should be no problem. with the parking at 35 per day, most people try to avoid it. Since Disney is new you may have to wait and see how it really operates. The parking has never been reported as full...the worst that will happen is you will be near the far end of the pier or at the next finger pier...

contrary what the normal advice is I would dop the luggage and your fellow travelers on the level below the parking first and then drive around and park your car

There is also a Carnival ship disembarking/embarking that morning. Getting there before 10 and you will hit both ships disembarkation and have some congestion.

Either way anytime you get there you will have no issue parking.

Have a good trip.:)

Pier 92, which is now being utilized for trade shows, is a new wild card affecting the parking situation.

When we last cruised from NY on 1/28/12, there were two NCL ships in port, using Pier 88, the Jewel for a 7 night cruise and the Gem for a one night CTN, and some type of big trade show at Pier 92.

The only parking lot being utilized for the cruises was on Pier 88. Pier 90 was being used for the trade show visitors, and I believe 92 was being used for port workers and the trade show exhibitors.

Someone on one of the NCL cruises did report the cruise parking was full.

We arrived at the pier between 10 and 10:30 and had no problems, other than a traffic jam to get into the parking area, but I could see where someone arriving later...perhaps noon or after, could have encountered a full lot.

Archived