Pre cruise hotel in Miami

Anna201213

I'm searching a room in Miami and some of Hotels I have checked on the web are not available for Feb 10 to 12 2013. Do you know if it is the spring break holiday?

It is not Spring Break, which falls during March in 2013, but that is going to be a VERY popular week to be travelling.

Monday February 10 is Chinese New Year,Tuesday February 11 is Shrove Tuesday (the start of Mardi Gras), and Friday February 18 is Presidents Day.

You may find a room, but I would not suggest that you hold out for a bargain. :eek:

I'm searching a room in Miami and some of Hotels I have checked on the web are not available for Feb 10 to 12 2013. Do you know if it is the spring break holiday?

That week in February in South Florida is always very very popular. It is usually the weekend of the International Boat show in Miami Beach, the Coconut Grove art show, etc. Don't you know that everyone wants out of the cold at that time of the year and South Florida makes it inviting.

I wouldn't give up finding a room. If I had to guess there are many blocks of rooms being held at this time by various tour groups, travel agencies etc and when the timing on their blocks end you will see more rooms open up.

Don't know where on the web you are looking but I plugged those dates in a booking site and got 300+ results

If you are checking booking sites, that site might not have inventory and another might. Plug in some dates that are not so far out and not popular period and use that to find suitable properties even if not available. Then go to the hotel's web site itself and check for availability. If they do have space then another booking web site may or may not also have space and may or may not be a better price. I see more & more hotels pulling back from what the give to booking websites and sometimes now guarentee the best price. Part of that might be that they do not have too many rooms available to these sites this far away.

The boat show for 2013 will be held on Feb14-18. There should be lots of rooms still available in the city as most of the boats are located on Miami Beach.

This is the height of the season here so don't wait too long to book a room. It is also Presidents week with lots of northern schools on break for the week. It is quite busy down here that week, we locals tend to stay far away from downtown and the beach during boat show week.

Archived