11 people - 1 table

Hi everyone ,

We are sailing out of Venice on the grandeur of seas in July. There are 11 of us sailing together and have requested MTD. When I go to book MTD it only allows 10 people at one table. Are you able to arrange for 11 adults to eat together?

Hi everyone ,

We are sailing out of Venice on the grandeur of seas in July. There are 11 of us sailing together and have requested MTD. When I go to book MTD it only allows 10 people at one table. Are you able to arrange for 11 adults to eat together?

Cannot answer your question, but, on our last cruise, we had 10 at our table. Too many in my opinion.

I would much rather have had 5 or 6, so I would suggest you break it up into two tables, swap seats .... change it up each evening.

I agree........get two tables side by side....service will be faster.....you can take turns switching seats so everyone can mingle.....

Link all your reservations esp for the dining part.

We've had up to 16 at a table before! But I agree with the others.....break it up. Service will be much faster.

Which sailing of the Grandeur are you on? We're on July 13th! Looking forward to it.

I'm the the 2nd of July so just before you!

It's a cruise for my mums 50th and she was really hoping we can all sit together. Thank you for the helpful suggestions!

Two years ago on a Med cruise, we were assigned to a 10-top. Unfortunately there were four couples and the three of us :)! So it was a total oops!

The DR staff accommodated us at a separate table night one and then made certain the 10-top was set for 11 for each of the following nights. Service is geared to 10 and 11 really could have thrown a monkey wrench into our cruise dining experience but for the head waiter for that area of the DR. He "adopted" our table and helped expedite so that it was not until the last night of the cruise that one couple (very experienced cruisers) even noticed that there were 11 of us on a 10-top. When they mentioned it, one of the other couples indicated that this was the first they had noticed as well.

So it can be done, and done very well but it does take a bit more than the waiter and her assistant could really do by themselves.

This is a special occassion and I can see your mum's point. Hope you find something that will work for you.

Archived