Tell me about Xcaret

Dizzneefan

We're planning on a excursion to Xcaret in Cozumel during our June trip. Can anyone tell me their good/bad experiences with it? In our group will be folks of all ages ranging from 10 to mid 70's. The older ones will probably not be interest3ed in much as far as actual water activities, but at the same time I don't want them to be bored while the rest of us are doing things.

It's a very nice eco-park. There are a lot of trails to walk on. There are several "beaches" and other places to swim. They have a dolphin encounter. There's a boat ride you can go on down a river. There are several places to eat and you can get drinks there. There's also horses for riding. I enjoyed it very much.

My 2 kids (9 and 14) and I went last October (when Carnival still went to Calica) and loved it. It is a lot of walking but the underwater river was fantastic. We wished we had done it more than once, but its very long. The beach area was nice...although the chairs we sat in were very uncomfortable. It's a beautiful park. The kids enjoyed seeing the cemetary they have inside the park (especially the room that had the burning candles with years and years of wax).

Have fun!

We visited Xcaret during one of our 5-day cruises that stopped at Playa Del Carmen. Was a short bus ride for our group that ranged from 21 to 70-something! There is so much to see and do there, there's no way to fit it into one visit. It's a walk -thru theme park that offers quite a lot of different activities, sites, and shows. One part we really enjoyed was a Mayan ritual show where the men and women were dressed in beautiful Mayan costumes. The younger people in our group did the snorkeling through out the entire park. I waited until we arrived at the lagoon where the water was clear and open to the natural seas. There's something there for everyone of all ages. The do have a website if you haven't looked at it yet.

Thanks so much for these responses. It will be the first trip for the two seniors, my in-laws, and I want to be sure that they enjoy every moment! I have gone to their web-site and it looks liks a lot of fun, but nothing beats the personal experiences of people who have visited.

Xcaret is awesome. We went there the first time without our children and regretted them not being able to experience all it had to offer. We did go back and they loved it. The underwater river is great but the water was FREEZING cold when we went. The beaches were great, food was very good and the staff was excellent. It is well worth the money.

Archived