Medical Emergency on Carnival Spirit

FloridaGators

We headed for home yesterday at 4 p.m. Hawaiian time. As of right now, 9:45 a.m. we are just off shore back at Honolulu.

We turned around sometime in the night and are taking a passenger back to Honolulu.

As of now we are about 16 hours off schedule......don't know what effect it will have on our reaching San Diego on Saturday morning.

I'm also on the Saturday departure from San Diego and I'm crossing my fingers we leave on time. It's a short cruise already and I hope it isn't any shorter. Hopefully the person in question received the needed medical attention in time and is doing well. Nancy

Friend on board posted this on her FB status

"Girl getting ready to go on roam again, but Captain Volpi said maybe couple of hours late in Ensanada too early to tell about arrival in S.D.

Bon voyage ~~~"

I am supposed to be getting on on Saturday as well. This is sad news!!! I hope that the person is ok. Maybe they will skip the ensanada port? Or can they do that?

They can't skip Ensenada because of the Jones Act. Maybe they can cut it short to make up time. Nancy

Hopefully no one is delayed too much, but I am so glad that if there's a medical emergency, there's no hesitation to do the right thing. I do hope that the person is going to recover and be able to cruise again in the future.

Hopefully no one is delayed too much, but I am so glad that if there's a medical emergency, there's no hesitation to do the right thing. I do hope that the person is going to recover and be able to cruise again in the future.

where is that like button!:D

Good morning folks! We have been cruising at FULL speed ever since we left Honolulu at 11:00 a.m. yesterday.

Guest services told my DH that we are "required" to stay in Ensanada for 5 hours. Don't know if that's true or not.....

Hopefully we won't mess up flight plans for too many on board, and I know those of you waiting to go out on her on saturday will be waiting patiently.

It's a beautiful ship; fantastic Captain and crew; and we have been having a wonderful time.

Good morning folks! We have been cruising at FULL speed ever since we left Honolulu at 11:00 a.m. yesterday.

Guest services told my DH that we are "required" to stay in Ensanada for 5 hours. Don't know if that's true or not.....

Hopefully we won't mess up flight plans for too many on board, and I know those of you waiting to go out on her on saturday will be waiting patiently.

It's a beautiful ship; fantastic Captain and crew; and we have been having a wonderful time.

Thank you so much for posting and giving us an update! Can't wait to be on her again :D (3rd time)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Archived