room service????

kat923

Omg. Thank you. My dh will be in lox heaven with his bagel and cream cheese every morning. This applies to all ships, right? Including the Legend. Just don't want to mislead him come cruise time in less than 3 wks.

what is/are lox?

One of my favorite things to do on any cruise is to order room service breakfast by filling out the card and hanging it on the door before going to bed, and having it delivered at the requested time. There is nothing more enjoyable to me than eating breakfast and drinking coffee out on our balcony. My husband doesn't care as much for it so most of the time he goes up to the buffet instead.

But, here is a picture of what I ate most on our Freedom cruise in January (fresh fruit plate, smoked salmon with cream cheese and capers, coffee and tomato juice):

IMG_2017.jpg

The only thing missing is my croissant with butter and guava jelly. :)

One of my favorite things to do on any cruise is to order room service breakfast by filling out the card and hanging it on the door before going to bed, and having it delivered at the requested time. There is nothing more enjoyable to me than eating breakfast and drinking coffee out on our balcony. My husband doesn't care as much for it so most of the time he goes up to the buffet instead.

But, here is a picture of what I ate most on our Freedom cruise in January (fresh fruit plate, smoked salmon with cream cheese and capers, coffee and tomato juice):

IMG_2017.jpg

The only thing missing is my croissant with butter and guava jelly. :)

That looks good! Exactly what I am ordering

Be sure to specify how much of each item you want. 2 croissants, 4 butters. In the past each item comes on a dish with a cover. My son asked for 2 bananas so we got 2 plates with covers. With the other things we ordered we had so many plates, trays etc. I said to the guy who delivered, "Oh, we have friends coming for breakfast!"

Many times the cards are hung on the things on the wall behind the "Crusing" (do not disturb) sign.

Room service menu is no longer in a book on the desk but in your first days Fun Times and might be mistaken for an advertisement.

Yes, tipping is the norm.

Be sure to specify how much of each item you want. 2 croissants, 4 butters. In the past each item comes on a dish with a cover. My son asked for 2 bananas so we got 2 plates with covers. With the other things we ordered we had so many plates, trays etc. I said to the guy who delivered, "Oh, we have friends coming for breakfast!"

Many times the cards are hung on the things on the wall behind the "Crusing" (do not disturb) sign.

Room service menu is no longer in a book on the desk but in your first days Fun Times and might be mistaken for an advertisement.

Yes, tipping is the norm.

Agree with what they said above on amounts. Especially coffee! I wish it wouldn't come on all seperate plates but, oh well.

MOST TIMELY service I have ever experienced!!!

Don't forget to order everything- bagel, cream cheese, coffee, sugar, cream, butter, margarine etc.

If the order is too weird they will call. Sis once ordered 4 boxes of cereal and one milk. She got a call confirming her order. She was taking the cereal as a snack onshore.

Oatmeal is available on Lido, and you can always throw a robe on and get some to bring back to the cabin. and bacon and sausage! :)

DH can go get oatmeal if he wants to be picky, I'll stick with what's on the room service menu :D

We typically use room service on port mornings when we'll be diving or running first thing and you do NOT want to dive with me after I've eaten bacon and sausage :eek:

No, they don't call before delivery. They just show up. 9 times out of 10 they're right on time, but once in awhile they might be 15 minutes late. Nancy

We only ordered breakfast RS once by putting the card out. The food came 30 min. earlier than requested. The knock woke us up and we scrambled to throw a robe on and get the safe open for some $ to tip!:eek:

Archived