Tour to Montserrat cancelled!!!!!

We were just notified that our private tour to Montserrat is being cancelled due to the championship football game on the 20 th of May. We were being picked up from the airport at noon and heading up there.

As it is the same day after the Final Championship (I am referring to Football) we can lose approximately 1-2 hours getting to Montserrat, and also by the time we arrive there (Approximately 1pm), the parking will be full and the line will be very long.

Now what should we do? We have a city tour the next day and then a food and wine tour that night. We board our cruise ship on the 22nd.

Do you think I should try another tour guide service? Or just wander around.

Do you think I should try another tour guide service? Or just wander around.

Assuming you'll be in Barcelona, you should be able to take train and eliminate traffic and purchase package deal? Probably much better price also..price is 23.10 E w/o lunch 38.45 E w/lunch. Good Luck!

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelona-montserrat.html

Directions/train time tables

Package Tickets: You can buy one of two special package tickets in Barcelona from the train company. The Trans Montserrat combo-ticket includes your Metro ride in Barcelona to the train station, the train trip, the ride on the cable car or Cremallera rack railway, unlimited trips on the two funiculars up on Montserrat, and entrance to the audiovisual presentation. The Tot Montserrat ticket includes all of this, plus the museum and a self-serve lunch. If you plan to do it all, you'll save at least €5 with either ticket

The ticket also includes 2 return journeys on 2 different funicular rides (funicular is a mountain train that goes up steep slopes). You catch these funicular rides once you arrive at the monastery and not to be confused with the funicular ride to the Monastery from the train from Barcelona which is called the cremallera funicular. These funicular rides give you access to different parts of the mountain and you will be able to visit the very top of Montserrat mountain as well as visit Santa Cova cave. You will also be able to go on some mountain walks with amazing views. Normally you would have to purchase the funicular tickets separately once you arrive at Montserrat but with this ticket the two funicular return rides are included in the price.

We will be Arriving in Barcelona at 11:00 am. By the time we get to our hotel to store luggage (Hotel Universal) it might be to late in the day to do this on our own. The driver was picking us up and storing our luggage in the car.

Thank you for your detailed info, I will print it off and research the time I would need.

We will be Arriving in Barcelona at 11:00 am. By the time we get to our hotel to store luggage (Hotel Universal) it might be to late in the day to do this on our own. The driver was picking us up and storing our luggage in the car.

Thank you for your detailed info, I will print it off and research the time I would need.

I would suggest that you visit Monserrat on your own via the early train at 0740 from the Placa Espania. Trying to go there after flying in to Barcelona would be a prescription for wipeout. Also, you would arrive very late.

"As it is the same day after the Final Championship (I am referring to Football) we can lose approximately 1-2 hours getting to Montserrat, and also by the time we arrive there (Approximately 1pm), the parking will be full and the line will be very long."

If that is the reason given then the explanation sounds like a bunch of baloney; probably that company just doesn't want to do for some other reason. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2012 game is played in Munich, Germany on 19 May 2012 8:45pm. So why there will be traffic the day after? Barcelona is out and in case Real Madrid makes it and wins I somehow don't see Barcelona fans celebrating.

Archived