Info on Fun Dollars!!!!

Cathy p

Boy oh boy was I wrong......I figured I would start getting fun dollars every payday and then just bring them to the cruise and I would have spending money. Nope I just got my first $50 one and after reading it I either had to put it toward a cruise or send it back within 15 days to apply to my OBC. Well that defeated my purpose so after getting it in the mail yesterday, off it went today back to Carnival. :o I put money on my OBC on my last cruise to the tune of $500 and it did not appear until 2 days after we left the port. So I thought this time I would have the fun dollars. So I shall try the OBC again as every time I try to save for my cruise something comes us and I end up spending it. Live and learn!!!:D:D

Cathy, when you get on the ship, take your Fun Ship Dollars to Guest Services and they can apply them to your Sail and Sign account.

If you want future Fun Ship Dollars to go directly to OBC, when you purchase them online, put "On Board Credit" in the address line. Alternately, you can call Bon Voyage and do it over the phone. :D

Boy oh boy was I wrong......I figured I would start getting fun dollars every payday and then just bring them to the cruise and I would have spending money. Nope I just got my first $50 one and after reading it I either had to put it toward a cruise or send it back within 15 days to apply to my OBC. Well that defeated my purpose so after getting it in the mail yesterday, off it went today back to Carnival. :o I put money on my OBC on my last cruise to the tune of $500 and it did not appear until 2 days after we left the port. So I thought this time I would have the fun dollars. So I shall try the OBC again as every time I try to save for my cruise something comes us and I end up spending it. Live and learn!!!:D:D

I buy Funship Dollars ahead of time and have them applied to my OBC account right away.

I call the Bon Voyage Dept. and tell them I want to purchase it to be applied to my account now. I tell them my booking # and how much I want to purchase that day and give them my credit/debit card #. A few days to a week later I can see the credit in my documents.

This is easier than having to take the FD to the desk and have them apply it then. Don't have to wait in any lines and the money is ready for me to use as soon as I get onboard.

You may want to try this if you want to have spending money already accounted for. Hope this helps.

Nope I just got my first $50 one and after reading it I either had to put it toward a cruise or send it back within 15 days to apply to my OBC.

I am not sure I get why you had to turn around and send it in right away. I have been getting some Funship Dollars too along the way. I think I can send them in anytime prior to the cruise or bring them along with me to apply to my OBC. I bought 2-$50 and 1-$25 Funship Dollars certificates totaling $125. The last time I had them put it directly as OBC rather than send me the certificate. That is what I will continue to do. I think that I will go ahead and send in the 3 other certificates that I had them mail to me and have them directly applied as OBC too. I don't think there's an expiration date on them and they can be applied at any time. It is easier to have them applied directly though, as then I won't have to worry about losing or forgetting them.

I have been getting them mailed to me for many years. I have never sent them back in. I just take them on the ship and give them to the pursers desk. They then apply them to our account.

I don't know why Carnival still puts that information on the certificates. I have called and asked a real person and they said to just bring them on the ship with us.

Claudia

Its alot easier to call them (be sure to call the correct number 1-800-906-7603) to purchase OBC, or buy them online rather than mess with paper Funship Dollars/certificates.:D Saves postage, paper, time, no need to mail in or go to Guest Services on board, etc.

Where in your documents can you see your OBC? Ihave put some money on my account through Bon Voyage, would like to make sure it is there. Thanks

Page 2 of your documents...under manage my cruise, then print documents.

Just curious....Is there any added advantage to the funship dollars or is it even money? If not, why not keep it in your savings or whatever account and draw interest on it instead of Carnival getting the points? Just wondering

Just curious....Is there any added advantage to the funship dollars or is it even money? If not, why not keep it in your savings or whatever account and draw interest on it instead of Carnival getting the points? Just wondering

It's even money. Some people like to pre-load their on-board account & pay for as much as possible ahead of time rather than make the few pennies in interest earnings. Others don't. It's a personal preference thing.

Just make sure they get applied. I was buying $25 every time I got paid, and some got applied while others didn't. 2 weeks before our cruise I had to BV and find the missing money. They made it sound like they just had printouts of all the internet orders, and then someone actually applied them from there. As long as you have good record keeping, it should all be fine.

We just do it because we like to prepay as much as we can in advance. I know people skewer that mindset because you're loaning carnival the free use of your money, but to me, I like knowing I'm not going to have a large tab at the end of the cruise. We also buy drink coupons, soda coupons and photo coupons in advance.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

I plan to do this too... and really like the idea of putting my booking number and "ON BOARD CREDIT" in the address line. I guess when I'm ready to do it, I will try this... and make sure it actually shows up on my documents before I repeat. :) I prefer to take care of things online rather than calling.

OP said that everytime she tries to save it, something comes up where she needs to spend it on something else. This way, it goes right to the cruise and not available to spend.

Hi have a quick question about this myself. Around 3 weeks ago I had called the Special Programs Dept. and bought some fun ship dollars and had them put it towards my onboard account. I did receive an email saying the certificate has been applied to your booking. However, I don't see it listed on page 2 of my documents. I used a TA to book the trip and not Carnival directly. Would that make a difference or should I call just to confirm?

Hi have a quick question about this myself. Around 3 weeks ago I had called the Special Programs Dept. and bought some fun ship dollars and had them put it towards my onboard account. I did receive an email saying the certificate has been applied to your booking. However, I don't see it listed on page 2 of my documents. I used a TA to book the trip and not Carnival directly. Would that make a difference or should I call just to confirm?

At this point...call to confirm if it isn't showing on page 2 documents.

Can anyone confirm what the OP mentioned that it did not show till days days after they left port. Seem like if it shows on the cruise docs is should be available to spend when you get on the ship.

Whenever I've purchased it, it has always shown up long before the cruise departed. I also ask for an email confirmation that I print & take with me. Maybe the OP purchased it right before cruisetime?

At this point...call to confirm if it isn't showing on page 2 documents.

Just called and she confirmed that it was applied.. feel much better now. I will be bringing the confirmation email with me just in case.

OP said that everytime she tries to save it, something comes up where she needs to spend it on something else. This way, it goes right to the cruise and not available to spend.

Got it. I know how that goes. Thanks for the info.

Archived