Info on Fun Dollars!!!!

Cathy p

Can anyone confirm what the OP mentioned that it did not show till days days after they left port. Seem like if it shows on the cruise docs is should be available to spend when you get on the ship.

You have to buy them and or send them in by a certain time in order for them to be applied when you arrive on the ship...I want to say like 15 or 21 days prior...

I know if you bring them to guest services they tell you that you will not see them until the next day but we have always seen them that day.

Whenever I've purchased it, it has always shown up long before the cruise departed. I also ask for an email confirmation that I print & take with me. Maybe the OP purchased it right before cruisetime?

But does it show up on the ship and ready to use once on board, I know our last cruise on RCCL I had purchased OBC months before cruise only to find out on the ship that it would take about 24 hrs after departure to show up on the ship docs.

Just curious....Is there any added advantage to the funship dollars or is it even money? If not, why not keep it in your savings or whatever account and draw interest on it instead of Carnival getting the points? Just wondering

I am terrible at saving. I have 2 bank accounts and automatically have a set amount pulled from checking 1 and it goes into checking 2 every week. Checking 2 is what I use to pay bills.

Anything left in checking 1 on Friday is spent. If I know it's there, I will find something ridiculous to blow it on. I need the cash out of my bank account so it doesn't get spent.

Just curious....Is there any added advantage to the funship dollars or is it even money? If not, why not keep it in your savings or whatever account and draw interest on it instead of Carnival getting the points? Just wondering

No added advantage. The only difference is they are sending the money to Bank of Carnival who makes interest instead of their local bank.

OP said that everytime she tries to save it, something comes up where she needs to spend it on something else. This way, it goes right to the cruise and not available to spend.

Unless it's an emergency that makes no sense, and if it is an emergency it would be nice to have the funds available at the local bank.

Can someone post the Carnival site where you can apply your Fun Ship dollars on line??? I know it has to be done with Internet Explorer, but can't remember the site!!!

Where do you find the information about Fun Ship Dollars?

Go to carnival.com and search "Fun Ship Dollars." :)

Because I am completely incapable of saving $$ :D!

Boy oh boy was I wrong......I figured I would start getting fun dollars every payday and then just bring them to the cruise and I would have spending money. Nope I just got my first $50 one and after reading it I either had to put it toward a cruise or send it back within 15 days to apply to my OBC. Well that defeated my purpose so after getting it in the mail yesterday, off it went today back to Carnival. :o I put money on my OBC on my last cruise to the tune of $500 and it did not appear until 2 days after we left the port. So I thought this time I would have the fun dollars. So I shall try the OBC again as every time I try to save for my cruise something comes us and I end up spending it. Live and learn!!!:D:D

I just started purchasing some for my August cruise,I do it online and have it applied as OBC,last week it was applied after 3 days,got $50 more yesterday and it showed up on my account today.

Thank you everyone for all the info. I have always purchased the dollars and had them put on my OBC, however, that last cruise it was 2 days before they did. I called and chatted with Carnival and they told me I had to send them in and could not bring them to guest services. I know sometimes we will get different answers from different Carnival reps but I guess I will just order them and have them put directly on my OBC and see what happens.:eek:

I had called BV to purchase Fun Dollars to be applied to OBC and it took 5 to 7 days for the credit to show up on the cruise docs, I tried the online purchase, putting ONBOARD CREDIT and booking number in the address fields, and in les than 5 hours, the credit was applied... worked like a charm!!

[quote name='portlandpete']I bought drink coupons (460.00) about 3 weeks ago for our cruise next year and they are still not showing up in my documents. Does only OBC show up and not drink coupons?[/quote]

Hi, Pete-from-the-Other-Portland! :D I don't believe drink coupons show up on your docs. I haven't purchased those, but have purchased other things from Bon Voyage and the only thing that has been on my docs that I recall is the OBC from the Fun Ship Dollars.

Archived