Scenic Elevators and Your Veranda

drdaddy

We have booked a veranda on the Zuiderdam that are REAL close to those scenic elevators. We chose it because they are dead amidships and got a decent deal. The other cabins in this category are either forward or aft.

What are the amenities in these cabins, if any? Has anyone been in 6080 before? Maybe some pics? And of course, just real curious as to the privacy issue, no that we plan on needing THAT much privacy. This one is actually the second one from the elevator.

Thanks, all.

We were in 5092 on the Westerdam. This was 4 cabins forward of the glass elevators on the Veranda Deck. We had no issue with being close to the elevators.

That being said, from the elevators you could see people on the first 3 to 5 verandas on either side if you looked hard. If you are planning on doing anything on you veranda that you would not want seen by anyone, I would refrain.

Any "amenities" are the same for all deluxe veranda cabins. The cabins further forward and aft (after the areas where the width of the superstructure necks down) are slightly larger than those in the middle of the ship.

We were in 7064 on the Zui 4/16-4/23/05 and had the second cabin to the right of the elevators. You could definitely see onto the balcony of 7066 (right next to the elevator) but no matter how hard we looked, you couldn't see into 7064.

You'll be fine - have the time of your life!

That's super info. I could not remember if we could see in to the second balcony or not. I know that the one's next to the elevator could be a problem. Actually, some people might be drooling because it looks so nice.

I didn't think there was anything extra with these. I already went from an inside guarantee to this balcony. I cannot imagine how much better the SS and above could be.

Thanks

We were in 7070 five different cruises. That cabin is one removed from the glass elevator and our veranda was private. We could, however, see clearly onto the verandas of cabins which were immediately beside the glass elevators on all decks and both sides of the ship.

I guess I don't see the big deal. Its like not taking a room with an extended balcony because people above could look down on you.

Granted, if you plan to sit out in your underroos or rekindle the fires on your verandah..then obviously not a good idea...but I don't care if I am sitting there having a drink and thinking how lucky I am to be living this life and have some people ride by.

I think I would probably raise my glass to their good fortune as well and hope they understand how lucky we all are to be worried about whether our SUITE on a CRUISE is in partial public view...:D

Heck..from posts I see on here I am more worried about whether I may break some dress code than anything else!:eek:

Life has such problems doesn't it??:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We chose "S" Suite cabins on both the Zuiderdam and Westerdam which were the first cabins next to the mid-ship elevators. My husband was concerned that everyone could see us from the elevators so I rode it a couple of times while he sat out there and I told him the only thing I could see was his feet sticking out from the lounge chairs. Now if you plan on leaning over the railing in the "Buff" - of course people will see you. Now the second or third cabin down would be totally obscured from view. What I enjoy is the proximity to both the elevators and the stairs. I can't walk far without being out of breath. Go for it!!

We've been in S category cabins on both Ooster and Zuider right next to elevator, once due to a rather late booking, the second time by choice. For us, the visual privacy was a non-issue. But what we liked a lot was the fact that you only have voices on one side, so you aren't always listening to other conversations. For us, this was plus in the privacy category. Nice and quiet.

I guess I don't see the big deal. Its like not taking a room with an extended balcony because people above could look down on you...

Although you don't find privacy to be a concern, it is an important consideration to some. I personally prefer a more private balcony, given a choice.

Thank you for your kind tolerance of my petty preferences.

Although you don't find privacy to be a concern, it is an important consideration to some. I personally prefer a more private balcony, given a choice.

Thank you for your kind tolerance of my petty preferences.

I think you just answered your own question...if you have any doubts...don't book it.

Didn't intend to trivialize your concern, but just don't see it as a major issue. I don't expect there are sight seeing tours on the elevators specifically designed to look into anyones balcony :eek: :D.

Good luck on your choice!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think that it would be much of a problem unless your cabin was the one right next to the elevators. Besides a bit of noise at night, I don't think it would be a problem.

Archived