King St. Station passenger drop off?

CanWeGoYet?

I've lived here my whole life, but this is my first time to take the train locally. Where is the best place for someone to drop me off, have not noticed a passenger load zone when driving around the area.

Thanks in advance!

You can drop off passengers in front of the main entrance, NOT ON JACKSON ST. From Jackson Street, go south (left if going west) on 2nd Ave, then left where it Ts into King St in front of the QWest field parking lot. Go down King Street to the station entrance, and voila.

Repeat - no access from what looks like the front of the station on Jackson. It isn't (and never was) the main entrance, and right now during reconstruction there isn't an entrance there at all.

You can drop off passengers in front of the main entrance, NOT ON JACKSON ST. From Jackson Street, go south (left if going west) on 2nd Ave, then left where it Ts into King St in front of the QWest field parking lot. Go down King Street to the station entrance, and voila.

Repeat - no access from what looks like the front of the station on Jackson. It isn't (and never was) the main entrance, and right now during reconstruction there isn't an entrance there at all.

Thank you Zephyr! I figured it would be best not to start my vacation blocking traffic & getting honked at while we unload many suitcases. I am going to write this down so we have it.

they are bldg a bldg in the old Quest field parking lot. Amtrak created a u type turn in so unloading cars. You'll see it when you approach the station. Just turn in to the parking lot for the stadium and your in the right place.

I haven't gone on the train either! I think we'll give it a try in the next few weeks. It would be a nice little day trip to Vancouver.

FYI, if you are going to park, parking is expensive near King St. Station. Edmonds doesn't have "long term" parking, and they are pretty sticky because of the Kingston ferry that is right there.

Everett has completely free parking, so you may want to consider that.

Thanks Zephyr and David. No sports fan here & I don't get down to this area enough to really be familiar with all the streets - do I follow the directions of turning S. on Jackson etc or just turn into the stadium parking lot. I have short timers / vacation brain going on already & might be easier than usual to confuse!

Thanks Zephyr and David. No sports fan here & I don't get down to this area enough to really be familiar with all the streets - do I follow the directions of turning S. on Jackson etc or just turn into the stadium parking lot. I have short timers / vacation brain going on already & might be easier than usual to confuse!

Jackson runs east/west. South on 2nd Ave from Jackson. 2nd T's into King, left on King, then follow your nose. There is the building construction and the refurbishment of the station going on, so things move around a bit. I think the current set up is the drop off is just south of the station in a corner of the stadium parking lot, but it is accessed from King near the station. Either way, just follow King St until it is obvious where to go.

Archived