Decorating your door!

CruzerDeb

We took a few tropical birds (flat posterboard type) on the 1st cruise, but never got them put up! Haven't decorated the last two. But, for my sister's first cruise this December, I think I will decorate. Maybe a cruise or tropical themed Christmas wreath. Maybe I should go to dollar tree and see what they have and start the planning! It's never too early!

Have fun, ya'll!

I decorate my door just for the heck of it, and I change it a couple times each day - all because it amuses ME.

I was so upset last year when I realized that I forgot my decorations & then didn't feel so bad when I noticed I didn't see any decorated doors. This year my decorations are already packed:D

My question to those who decorate is was there a door decoration contest on your cruise?

In our hallway, I think mine was the only one decorated. but Yes! On the Liberty they had a Red's Rum, Blue Iguana door decorating contest. I just happened to have a picture that was an iguana, so Here's my door from my door I entered on my last Liberty Cruise ...

2767821360102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

a couple days later ...

2761370360102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

and that ended up on the door too.

2805469490102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

A few of the decorated doors were shown on the Morning Show.

In celebration of our 22nd anniversary (this was our 2nd honeymoon) we decorated our door on our 1st cruise 2 weeks ago.

I used "sticky tack" and it was easy to clean off at the end of the trip. I had gotten my decorations from The Dollar Tree during Valentine's Day so I didn't feel bad about just throwing them away when we were done.

I made a sign for the middle of the door that had a picture of us on our wedding day. It was a conversation starter in the hallway and made our door easy to find. Noone else in our hallway decorated though.

When we've cruised at Christmas I've taken window clings for the balcony windows. Our last Mexican Riviera cruise was our first mother-daughter cruise and DD and I went to Party City and found some fiesta items to decorate with. We don't do it to find our cabin, just because we enjoy it. Guess, according to some, we're tacky. LOL. :rolleyes:

Our cruise next year is in celebration of DD's 18th birthday and her HS graduation. I'll be surprising her with some sort of deocration. :D

In answer to the questions about posting the website or names of stores--it's fine. You can't post the name of a TA or promote a tour guide without being asked, but I've never seen anything about not posting the name of a store or website where you purchased something. if that were the case, there are a lot of threads that need to be delete! :p

This is our door last week on the Elation!!

Here is our door for our Halloween Cruise on the Ecstasy last year, some of the stuff fallen off or something:

DSCF0549.jpg

This is from our first cruise, Yes we went right after the superbowl!!!!

Where do you get the "danger keep out"?

So I didn't read all six pages of this thread, so please forgive me.

Do all ships have door decorating contest?

Sailed on several Carnival ships before and never new about the contest.

Will be sailing on the Freedom in December.

I would really love to win a ship on the stick. lol

So I didn't read all six pages of this thread, so please forgive me.

Do all ships have door decorating contest?

Sailed on several Carnival ships before and never new about the contest.

Will be sailing on the Freedom in December.

I would really love to win a ship on the stick. lol

I've never seen a Carnival-sponsored contest. The contests I've been aware of have been for Cruise Critic roll calls.

I've never seen a Carnival-sponsored contest. The contests I've been aware of have been for Cruise Critic roll calls.

When on the Dream in 9/2011 they did have a door decorating contest; which we won I think because we were the only ones that entered. but then in Jan 2012; they did not have it any longer

So we did get a ship on the stick once

dot

When on the Dream in 9/2011 they did have a door decorating contest; which we won I think because we were the only ones that entered. but then in Jan 2012; they did not have it any longer

So we did get a ship on the stick once

dot

How about that?!? I've never seen one. It's interesting when they do have contests--DD won a costume contest in Camp Carival one time. We didn't know they were going to have one but threw a costume together from what we had with us. I guess if they had a door decorating contest on one of my cruises, I'd figure something out. :D

How about that?!? I've never seen one. It's interesting when they do have contests--DD won a costume contest in Camp Carival one time. We didn't know they were going to have one but threw a costume together from what we had with us. I guess if they had a door decorating contest on one of my cruises, I'd figure something out. :D

the week they had the contest there was a small item in the Fun Times on the right side saying to register at the front desk if anyone wanted to enter the contest. It was only for one day; we registered and the next morning had a ship on the stick in our mailbox:D dot

the week they had the contest there was a small item in the fun times on the right side saying to register at the front desk if anyone wanted to enter the contest. It was only for one day; we registered and the next morning had a ship on the stick in our mailbox:d dot

:d:d:d

I never understood this door decorating. It is tacky. :eek:

To you maybe. I think it is a lot of fun, and we are planning on including door decorations in our Welcome Aboard bags for our guests. Those that are sticks in the mud like you, don't have to decorate their doors. :D

I didn't realize there was a contest. I'll have to look for that the next time. This is my friends door that I decorated for her a few weeks ago on the Destiny. My door pic was even fuzzier then this. I need to take better pictures

428541_3948342630045_4465077_n.jpg

Edited by girlscruise2011

We had that face that is by the door handle on our door once:D

I didn't realize there was a contest. I'll have to look for that the next time. This is my friends door that I decorated for her a few weeks ago on the Destiny. My door pic was even fuzzier then this. I need to take better pictures

428541_3948342630045_4465077_n.jpg

We just went on our first cruise and had a poster for our door and had a pen so people could leave us notes and no one messed with it or rote anything mean or inappropriate. We also had one made for our parents and in-laws doors and no one messed with theirs either. I saw a few other peoples doors that were decorated as well and i thought it was great because it helped me find my way around lol I do not have the best sense of detection and get lost a lot lol So I could use others peoples decorations as "land marks" I also enjoying looking at them! My advice is if it will bring you even a little bit of joy Just do it!! If not then don't, it is that simple:).

To you maybe. I think it is a lot of fun, and we are planning on including door decorations in our Welcome Aboard bags for our guests. Those that are sticks in the mud like you, don't have to decorate their doors. :D

I'm not a stick in the mud :p I was just offering my opinion. Can you imagine what the hallways would look like if every single person decorated it with tacky pictures and clipart...it would look like a kindergarten school...........aggggghhh .. there goes the ambiance. :eek:

Some times we do stuff and some times we don't.

My kids first cruise they did our door and my In-laws door.

Their 2nd cruise we just put on window cling on our door...Have not decided if we will do something this time or not. on Spring Brak last year we did not.

Do what you want. To me it is much like if someone has flowers at home or a welcome mat...it is yours for the week!

I'm not a stick in the mud :p I was just offering my opinion. Can you imagine what the hallways would look like if every single person decorated it with tacky pictures and clipart...it would look like a kindergarten school...........aggggghhh .. there goes the ambiance. :eek:

As a whole, the posted photos of decorated doors do remind me of an amateurish grade school level class project. They really look bad....

But hey it's their vacation! If they want to decorate their door in a manner that befits a fourth grader, who am I to criticize? Just don't be offended at my derisive laugh as I pass by.

See you on Lido deck!

As a whole, the posted photos of decorated doors do remind me of an amateurish grade school level class project. They really look bad....

But hey it's their vacation! If they want to decorate their door in a manner that befits a fourth grader, who am I to criticize? Just don't be offended at my derisive laugh as I pass by.

See you on Lido deck!

because there are people on board (mostly bored teenagers) who have fun destroying things, it is not pratical to put expensive art work on the doors. Just close your eyes as you pass by.