Roy Rogers, Shirley Temple

aprime23

Roy Rogers, Shirley Temple, what are some other concoctions can be made for no extra charge under the bottomless bubbles program. I read last week a a gal who likes to mix Sprite and grapefruit juce, also I have had OJ and grenadine.

soda water with a splash of cranberry & a lime

tonic water with a splash of cranberry & a lime

soda water with a splash of grapefruit & a lime

sprite with a splash of cranberry

ginger ale with a splash of grapefruit

half soda water, half OJ (tastes like orange soda but not sweet)

half soda water, half pineapple juice

pineapple juice, sprite, mint leaves - a non-alcoholic pineapple mojito..

I'm sure there's more -- you can't go wrong mixing soda water with various juices..

My 13 year old DD ordered a Shirley Temple last week, and they made it with Sprite. GASP!:eek: Granted, Sprite is her favorite soda, but the Shirley Temple was NOT good. Asked them to RE-make it with Ginger Ale. All was good after that.....:D

My 13 year old DD ordered a Shirley Temple last week, and they made it with Sprite. GASP!:eek: Granted, Sprite is her favorite soda, but the Shirley Temple was NOT good. Asked them to RE-make it with Ginger Ale. All was good after that.....:D

Are they normally made with ginger ale? All these years I thought a Shirley Temple with Sprite was the right way :eek::confused:

Are they normally made with ginger ale? All these years I thought a Shirley Temple with Sprite was the right way :eek::confused:

:eek: That's what I thought too!! That's how my mom always made mine growing up and even what we get when my little cousins order them when we go out to eat!

"

pineapple juice, sprite, mint leaves - a non-alcoholic pineapple mojito.. quote]" That does sound good!!

Some one told me half sprite and half OJ in a champagne flute is a momon mimosa.

Roy Rogers is Coke and Grenadine with a cherry garnish. However I always thought a Shirley Temple was 7 up and Grenadine, cherry garnish.

:eek: That's what I thought too!! That's how my mom always made mine growing up and even what we get when my little cousins order them when we go out to eat!

I think a lot of places just don't have ginger ale as an option anymore, so they use sprite instead, us old folks remember them with ginger ale:p.

Growing up my mom always made shirley temples on holidays and it was 7 up, maraschino cherry juice with a garnish of a slice of orange hanging off the rim with a cherry tooth picked into the rind :)

Thats how I make them for my kids!

Going to try ginger ale next time :p

A true "Shriley Temple" should be Ginger Ale and Grenadine. Some use any type of "lemon-lime" soda and anything from Granadine to Cherry juice.

here in the northeast a shirley temple is sprite or 7up with grenadine and a few cherries thrown in.

A roy rogers is coke/pepsi with grenadine and cherries..

Same in the northwest. LOL!

I've always heard of Shirley temple with the 7up or Sprite.

And I'm a huge lover of Roy Rogers - even with Coke Zero.

Archived