Free Parking NYC Pier 88 "Thank you Uncle Paul"

rydan

WOW,

I just wanted to thank Paul or should I call him "Uncle Paul"?

Anyway We leave for the Miracle this Sat out of NYC. Paul is a cruisecritic member who happens to work for Ports of America.

He will also be on that same cruise. After a few emails back and forth, he told me if I wanted to park at the Pier I can do so for free. Just pay the taxes. I said ok.

SO he only asked me for my licence plate #, about 1 hour later I recived an email from the Port administrator with a number to call. I called it was confirmed. they just emailed me a voucher to give to the attendant when we arrive at the pier my only cost is about $24 in taxes.

WOW:)

So cool I just saved almost $300 bucks.

this is wonderful for you. do be careful about talking about it,though. sometimes things

get passed around and then they don't work any more.

have a great cruise.

My thought exactly. The OP had me wondering why this was put here for all to see when it's not something cruisers at large can participate in. Good for them but they really shouldn't be broadcasting this good deed done for them... Hope they buy "Uncle Paul" a couple drinks while on the cruise.

I wonder how many New York residents, buried in governmental taxes and fees, are happy to hear that good ole Uncle Paul with his inside connections is able to help a friend beat (probably fraudulently) the system their taxes support. :(

Hell, don't thank Uncle Paul. He didn't give you anything. Thank the taxpayers that built that pier and aren't making you pay for its use.:rolleyes:

As a New Yorker, if everyone paid what they are supposed to pay instead of trying to beat the system maybe, just maybe, our taxes would be lower.

BTW we are sailing on the Miracle the week the OP returns and I am paying a driver to drop us off not to deal with the traffic and parking logistics. (There are three ships leaving NYC port on May 6th and it will be a traffic nightmare with only one way in and one way out). Transportation and/or parking cost should be considered as part of the expense of cruising.

Archived