Capitan Bob Cass

carlp

I started reading this thread from the beginning, which started 3 years ago. I'm sure prices have gone up. Does anyone know what he's charging now? try as I may, I haven't found anyplace that's listed.

Is the ride in the boat too bumpy for anyone with minor back issues? As the boat goes over the waves, do you slam into the seat, or is it more comfortable than that?

I started reading this thread from the beginning, which started 3 years ago. I'm sure prices have gone up. Does anyone know what he's charging now? try as I may, I haven't found anyplace that's listed.

Is the ride in the boat too bumpy for anyone with minor back issues? As the boat goes over the waves, do you slam into the seat, or is it more comfortable than that?

The ride can be bumpy. We sat right at the front and did go over one wave (or down into a trough?) enough to make us quite airborne! :eek: It only happened once and was a bit of a shock, but the seats are padded. ;) Even the captain and his mate was shocked at how much we flew up into the air. If you are concerned just ask where you should sit to suit your condition. I found them to be very helpful with advice.

For those concerned about getting back in the boat after a swim/snorkel, I was concerned too but found that to be no problem at all. The captain (Sam) was always there to give a hand. For me the hardest part was getting off the boat into the water - I don't like to go under. You have to slide in off the side of the boat. Use a lifejacket or a couple of noodles if you are concerned about that - they have plenty.

There was a family on one of the other boats with a baby and very young children, so I am certain that the captain will do his best to make everyone comfortable. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took this excursion on Saturday November 21, 2015. Sign up by emailing Capt Bob was easy. Capt Bob responded promptly and payment by using Paypal was fast and easy. Their location was a short 15 minute walk from the cruise ship port. Easy to find. Our excursion lasted from 10:00 am to about 3:30 pm. Never had a fear of missing cruise ship on board time of 4:30 pm. We stopped on excursion several times to snorkel and walk/swim around a small island. For lunch we stopped at a seaside restaurant for a HOT lunch. Food was good! They save the best for last as we went to the shoreline of the St. Marten Airport and had a large jetliner land just over our head! Wow, what a rush. Would highly recommend this tour! Best excursion of our seven day cruise! Capt Bret was our boat Capt and he did a great job of providing a fun filled day.:)

Jim

Wichita, Kansas

• 2 weeks later...

First off this is going to be the best excursion or even best part of your cruise. Will you get capt Bob every time? No, I but Do the other captains trained by him give you a. Great time he'll yeah. We went a couple of years ago 2014 and again a couple of weeks ago Nov 19, 2015. We had Bret capt Bob's son great guy and Had an awesome time period.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time on this excursion last Thursday. Since there were so many people signed up the day we went, there were four boats that Bob sent out that day. Bob is very organized, he made sure we all made it out on our tours timely and checked in with us at lunch to make sure everything was going well. Our captain was Sam, and he was awesome, very knowledgeable, we learned a lot about the island. Sam,along with his brother, both made sure we were all enjoying ourselves while onboard and that we always had a drinks in our hands. We did see quite a few sea turtles at Tintemarre and that was awesome. It was quite a swim to get out to where the turtles where though, and they weren't that easy to see, you really had to look for them. Some of the people on our tour didn't see any. Pinel island was a nice break and the iguanas were cool. We didn't find the snorkeling at Creole Rock to be very good at all, but it was still fun. Lunch at Grand Case was excellent. We had the chicken and the Mahi Mahi and they were both delicious. The swimming stop at Long Bay was fun. We made it to Maho in time to see both a take off and then the landing of the Air France flight. The ride back to the ship was fun, racing the other boats from our tour group. It was a full day and we were tired when we got back, but, we saw so much and really were pleased with everything. One word of advice, make sure to reapply sunscreen frequently. We were so into everything we didn't do that as often as we should have and both got a little burnt, but it was worth it :)

• 4 weeks later...

I would just like to add to this thread and say people should also consider Capt Bob and Soualiga for land tours as well. For various reasons we decided that a boat tour wasn't for us, but Bob claims to offer land tours as well, so I checked with him. He replied very quickly and immediately said he didn't operate the land tours but used a partner, Twin Island Excursions. The price - $45 pp for a 5-hour tour plus unlimited water, soda, beer and rum punch - and itinerary were right for us so we went ahead and booked and it was a great decision. Booking and payment easy, detailed meeting instructions. We had a fantastic tour of the island, including Lucas Bay, Marigot, Orient Beach (1 1/2 hour stop) and Maho Beach (1 hour stop, enough time to get a fab pizza from the Sunset Bar & Grill), plus lots of other sites along the way. Luxury a/c vehicle, friendly, informative, fun driver. Itinerary and services were exactly as described and I'd have no hesitation in booking either a land or sea tour again with Capt Bob/Soualiga.

I would just like to add to this thread and say people should also consider Capt Bob and Soualiga for land tours as well. For various reasons we decided that a boat tour wasn't for us, but Bob claims to offer land tours as well, so I checked with him. He replied very quickly and immediately said he didn't operate the land tours but used a partner, Twin Island Excursions. The price - $45 pp for a 5-hour tour plus unlimited water, soda, beer and rum punch - and itinerary were right for us so we went ahead and booked and it was a great decision. Booking and payment easy, detailed meeting instructions. We had a fantastic tour of the island, including Lucas Bay, Marigot, Orient Beach (1 1/2 hour stop) and Maho Beach (1 hour stop, enough time to get a fab pizza from the Sunset Bar & Grill), plus lots of other sites along the way. Luxury a/c vehicle, friendly, informative, fun driver. Itinerary and services were exactly as described and I'd have no hesitation in booking either a land or sea tour again with Capt Bob/Soualiga.

Thanks for that info., good to know for a future visit :)

we went with capt bob and Soualiga Destinations in december and he delivered an excellent day for us in St. Martin. we had brett as our captain for thr day and he was great. everything went as promised. the stop for lunch was delicious and plentiful. we got to see the planes at the beach/airport. brett stopped several times for us to just jump into the water in addition to the two scheduled stops. all around a wonderful day and a good value. it was the highlight of our cruise.

I first heard of Capt. Bob through these message boards and in 2013 we booked Capt Bob and had an incredible experience. Last month (12/2015) our RCCL cruise was stopping in St. Thomas so we booked him again. This excursion was the same yet different than the last one.

What was the same:

* High quality staff - our Capt. was knowledgeable, funny and accommodating.

* Small groups - there were 6 of us, which allowed for customizing the tour

* Food and drink - unlimited drinks and excellent lunch at a beach-side restaurant

* Fish and turtles - Lots, at every stop

What was different:

* Different order of movement - we circled the island but stopped at each place in a different order. We saw more turtles and iguanas

* Planes - last time we were not able to sit off-shore when a plane landed. This time we did and it was an amazing experience.

For us, each was a unique, amazing experience and I can't recommend Capt. Bob highly enough.

-Kurt

• 3 weeks later...

This is our second time on an excursion with Capt Bob and crew and both were fantastic. This time brought son and his fiancee with us and ALL thoroughly enjoyed it. Took a different route around the island this time, but seas were calm so got to see the side we did not see before. I appreciate that they take safety seriously so change the route based on seas. Both time saw seat turtles and both time saw fish. Lunch was fantastic each time (get the fish option). Boats well kept and we had plenty of time to get to the ship and shop a bit along the way. Capt Bob was professional to work with and answers emails quickly. We enjoyed our captain and he as great to help each guest, no matter what their swimming level, get off the boat. Noodles are available for the weary to swim with. Snorkel equipment was in good shape. The first time we were a bit concerned to book outside RCCL, but I now trust Capt Bob and his crew. Short of a natural disaster, they will fulfill their commitment to get you back to the ship.

Can't wait to book again.

StMaartin time is an hour different than RCCL time so make sure you know what time your ship stays on. Our ship got in at 8:00, which was 9:00 StMaartin time. I would ask him about the return time. We got back at 3:00 our ship time, but you would need to return earlier. Capt Bob is pretty good at knowing what time the ships come and go.

Good Luck and happy cruising!