Car rental in Cabo?

Unknotted

Has anyone rented a car while in Cabo? If so, can you tell me the how, what where of it? My husband really wants to rent one for the time we're there, but I am concerned about us getting ripped off somehow, and also worried about parking it over night while we are back on the ship.

My family is renting a car for our May 20 cruise on the Splendor. I reserved it from National Car Rental on their Mexico site. The office is about 2 blocks from where the tender drops you off, but they told me they will pick you up at the pier if needed. They also have car seats to rent, we have a 2 year old with us. We have rented it for 1 day but will return the car before getting back on the ship the same day. It was $26, which I prepaid through National Car rental without insurance. Insurance is $26 which I will pay when I pick up the car. We are going to Chileno Beach for the day.

We cruise the Mexican Riviera a lot and have rented lots of cars in Cabo. There are several major car rental brands right at the pier when you get off so it's easy to rent a car right there when you arrive. I can't remember the exact companies that are there, but over the years we've rented from Hertz, Avis and National. Easy, safe and convenient. I've never parked a car overnight while on a cruise ship, though, but hopefully somebody can help you with that one! Cabo is beautiful and a fun place to drive and explore with gorgeous scenery, well-maintained roads and easy parking. Enjoy your trip!

One on going rip off, is at the pump. When you get gas get out of the car and make sure the attendant resets the pump before he starts pumping gas. There has been a lot of reports on Tripadvisor of them not reseting the pump and charging you for your gas plus the persons before you gas.

So get out of the car and watch the attendant to make sure they arent scamming you. They see rental car and see $$$$$.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Cabo the end of June with soon to be DW, I am planning to rent a car as well and have looked into the reccomendation of National. Any suggestions for a scenic drive? I have had many suggestions to go up to San Jose Del Cabo.

I will be in Cabo the end of June with soon to be DW, I am planning to rent a car as well and have looked into the reccomendation of National. Any suggestions for a scenic drive? I have had many suggestions to go up to San Jose Del Cabo.

I think that's a good suggestion. The drive to San Jose follows the water and San Jose has a very quait area with art, shops and restaurants.

Archived