Laspeiza to Pisa

lorrdean

It's very easy to do this on your own.

The regional trains from La Spezia to Pisa Centrale actually stop first at the Pisa S. Rossore station, which is only a few blocks from Piazza dei Miracoli, the location of the cathedral and the leaning tower.

On a regional train it takes about an hour and a quarter and costs Euro 6,40 in second class.

It's very easy to do this on your own.

The regional trains from La Spezia to Pisa Centrale actually stop first at the Pisa S. Rossore station, which is only a few blocks from Piazza dei Miracoli, the location of the cathedral and the leaning tower.

On a regional train it takes about an hour and a quarter and costs Euro 6,40 in second class.

thanks for that info. more questions if you can help.

how far is the station from the port? should we get a taxi there?

Sandra

I've only taken the ferry to and from La Spezia; assuming that the cruise tenders use approximately the same pier, La Spezia Centrale is about a mile form there. It's flat, easy walking. I can't honestly say if there were taxis near the ferry port or not, I just didn't notice.

I've only taken the ferry to and from La Spezia; assuming that the cruise tenders use approximately the same pier, La Spezia Centrale is about a mile form there. It's flat, easy walking. I can't honestly say if there were taxis near the ferry port or not, I just didn't notice.

thanks euro cruiser.

another question, can we purchase tickets at the station or should we get before we arrive there.

It will be easy to buy them at the station, but you can also buy them ahead of time on line from trenitalia.com. A regular fare ticket purchased on line can be exchanged or refunded if you miss your train (if the port is changed, for example, or you arrive late); a reduced fare (a "mini" or other promotional fare) ticket is probably a sunk cost if you can't make the train.

It's such an inexpensive ticket that I wouldn't bother trying to save a couple of Euro with a reduced fare.

If you will feel more relaxed having the ticket already purchased, by all means do that. Regional tickets can only be purchased on line a week in advance, however.

It will be easy to buy them at the station, but you can also buy them ahead of time on line from trenitalia.com. A regular fare ticket purchased on line can be exchanged or refunded if you miss your train (if the port is changed, for example, or you arrive late); a reduced fare (a "mini" or other promotional fare) ticket is probably a sunk cost if you can't make the train.

It's such an inexpensive ticket that I wouldn't bother trying to save a couple of Euro with a reduced fare.

If you will feel more relaxed having the ticket already purchased, by all means do that. Regional tickets can only be purchased on line a week in advance, however.

thanks ever so much valuable information from you as always :D

Archived